migraines after partial hysterectomy...,

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ugh!! Roughly 3 months after partial hysterectomy kept ovaries and cervix I'm getting migraines a lot!! 1-2 weekly sometimes more! This started around a month ago! Anyone else had this? I used to suffer with migraines as a teenager and around 15 years ago! It's horrible! If you have suffered please tell me how you got rid of them. I don't want to constantly take bloody migraleve! Thanks ??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a vaginal hysterectomy, kept my ovaries and Fallopian tubes, plus an anterior and posterior repair on May 4th, so just over three months ago. I too have been getting migraine type headaches, and like you I did get them a lot as a teenager. I was wondering whether it was anything to do with the surgery, perhaps it is. I am taking far more pain killers than I feel happy about, to try and shift them.

Perhaps someone else will have had the same experience, or if they haven't may have some advice.

I do so feel your pain. ??

• Posted

Hi Shiela, oh wow mine was on the 3rd May. I wonder if it shocked our ovaries into a temporary menopause? It's bloody awful isn't it!! The Dr told me today dissolvable aspirin work really well as soon as it starts. I use migraleve but they are pretty hardcore and I hate taking pharmaceuticals. Don't think Drs know the cause but mine said that the op probably caused hormones to go haywire! Thanks for your reply and hope it eases for you soon ??

• Posted

Hi, I'm 58 and way past menopause, so I wonder whether, as you say our hormones have gone a bit crazy. Having had migraines as a teenager I was sure that was related to puberty and surging hormones, but post menopause I'm not sure the state of my hormones!

i will definitely five dissolvable aspirin a try, I've found Annadin Extra are the only thing that shifts them, I didn't want to sort to Migraleve.

I hope yours ease soon. 

• Posted

I used to get migraines when I was a teenager as well.  Discovered that it was from a lack of sleep.  I didn't get them for about a month before my surgery and am now getting them again.  But my sleep pattern has been disrupted since my hysterectomy so I am trying to get back into a good sleep rhythm....

• Posted

Karmaway

For the 1st 3 or 4 I was having sharp migraines on the left side of my head.. but then I started taking ibuprofen 800mg and they went away.....i didn't think about it again until I read your post....i started taking the ibuprofen only because I was going ham on the pain meds and a girlfriend told me to rotate them in my pain management....i just realized that I didn't have the headaches after that....my surgery was the 10th

• Posted

It would be difficult to find someone who wasn't plunged into surgical menopause from partial or full hysterectomy. Do your Dr's not even discuss that?

• Posted

Everyone is different and I'd appreciate it if you weren't so generalising and 'blunt' on my posts. Thanks 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.