Migraines and headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with hemachromatosis and migraines and headaches? Any neck stiffness? Has phlebotomy made any difference?

Thank you.

Matt

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with haemochromatosis for 21 years and I have spoken to many people with this disorder and none have complained of headaches and stiff neck related to haemochromatosis. Your headaches are most likely caused by the problem that is causing your stiff neck.

I have very tender right side neck muscles and a stiffness which gave me a constant headache for about 18 months but it was caused by falling off a bicycle and hitting the left side of my head on the road. It was the sudden wrenching of the right side of the neck that did it. "One day, I will take myself off to a osteotherapist, or physiotherapist, or for acupuncture." In the meantime, I changed to a narrower pillow so I was not waking up with such a stiff neck. The neck and shoulder muscle is still sore.

Even if it was an issue caused by haemochromatosis (research does not reveal this as a causation), the treatment is the same as for those without haemochromatosis. Vx will not cure it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.