Migraines, Auras, brain fog, stomach issues, eye issues. Long journey. Anyone symptoms like these?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am a 44 year old male.   My current symptoms which have worsen over the last 5 years are as follows:

Symptoms:

Eyes:

1. Blurred vision. Double vision when looking at word letters.  Floaters. 

2. Above Right eye twitchy. Pressure behind both eyes.

Stomach:

1. Slow digestion

2. Excessive gas. 

3. Abdominal discomfort . Mostly left side below ribs. 

4. Lost about 35lbs.  This was within 5 months. Cannot put any weight on. Stays at 155lbs

Head:

1.  Brain fog.  Cannot concentrate.  Speech becomes ‘tired’. 

2. Migraines with aura (3-4 per year). Fingers and mouth go numb.  Some episodes confused speech. Mostly wake up with them.

Headspace:

1. Vivid dreaming every night over last 3 years.

2.  Treated for anxiety.

3.  Constant dreaming for last 3 year.  Vivid dreams.

4. Body tremors or tingling.

It seems if the head and stomach symptoms correspond with one another.

I have been to many doctors and had many tests with not conclusion.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Ed

I am a 53 year old female and I have had alot of your symptoms in Menopause! The eye twitching I thought was low magnesium and pain under left ribs was gastitis with me (I lost weight with this) I never suffered migraines all my life but have mgraine auras (sometimes with mild headache) a few times a week and dont even mention the head fog. Have you been tested perhaps you are low in something?

• Posted

Hey Ed...

I'm curious to know if you've had an MRI ever?

The reason I ask is because 2 years ago I was having all the same symptoms you have been experiencing. On Feb 23rd I passed out cold at work. I was hauled off to my local emergency room. It took the Drs 4 hours to wake me. Long story short... The nurses sent me home. Discharge papers read - headache. I was so confused.

I seen my family physician 2 days later. He said for s**ts and giggles we will run an MRI on you to check things out.

I received a phone call on March 19th and the nurse told me that I had a Meningioma brain tumor!! I had it removed in Rochester MN on June 30th, 2015. My migraines have went away almost completely. I've only had one headache since my surgery.

• Posted

Hi Ed, 

I can confirm I've had a LOT of these symptoms. To be honest, I didn't relate some of them. I've mostly had the brain fog, lack of concentration, stumbling over my words and almost like I've developed a bit of a stammer that wasn't there before. I've also had blurry vision, sensitive ears and I've developed a regular twitch in my left eye (since about September 17).

Since around last June, my digestive system has changed drastically. If I eat a bit of rubbish (ice cream, pizza, chocolate, etc.) for a few days in a row my stomach isn't impressed but, if anything, I would say my digestion has sped up. I actually noticed the difference in my digestion AFTER an ablation for irregular heartbeat in June last year. My head symptoms started in May and have been 24/7 since.

I have no answer for you so I'm sorry to ramble on but just wanted to say I can empathise, as I've been struggling with many of the same symptoms for over 8 months now.

DT

• Posted

WE seem very alike.  Twitch is in my right eye. May I ask if you ever dealt with anxiety?  
  • Posted

Actually, I suffered quite a lot with anxiety from March last year (after my dad passed), which lasted about 4-5 months. I had a few panic attacks and many sleepless nights stressing about that and my health.

I've mostly brought it under control in the past few months though but I've never suffered with anxiety so much.

• Posted

I can relate to a lot of what you experience minus the headspace and losing weight.

It is very possible you are having a complicated migraine. As a child, I had the numb face and hand. I still get the numb face on occasion but not the hand.

Can you describe your eye twitch? My whole left side of my face falls and I blink very rapidly. I was told this is a simple partial seziure triggered by a migraine aura aka migralepsy. I DO NOT always have head pain with these episodes.

It is not uncommon to have constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, etc with a migraine. And both headaches and mild dehydration can bring on vivid dreams as do some medications. I believe a lot of anti-anxiety drugs cause vivid dreams.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.