Migraines every day

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get migraines every day to the extent that I am struggling to function. I am a 20 year old university student, in good health, and under relatively little stress. I have been getting migraines since I was seven years old, but never this frequently. In the past two months I have had no headache free days. The pain is debilitating, and I am out of options. I have changed my diet, I have tried painkillers, supplements, changes in lifestyle, physical therapy, anti depressants, you name it, I've tried it. I can't go on like this, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am 19 and in college similar to you and went through a phase with my migraines for a fee years where I had chronic migraines. It was during high school and I had probably 25 days of the month where I had migraines and could barely function. I would go a week- week and a half and get a days relief (Which is barely enough time to get over the migraine hang over feeling, and then be hit with another migraine that was the same. 

I recommend getting a federal from your PCP to a nuerologist if you have not already. My neurologist has done wonders for me. They will most likwly do some tests to rule out physical caused of your migraines, but after that they will work with you to get you set on a treatment plan. I currently you take topomac (200mg) and folic acid (2mg) daily and it manages my migraines. (Except for the minor few that slip few when I have high stress periods).

• Posted

My son had the same issues in college. Turned out that we did not take out his wisdom teeth when he was a teenager, they became severely impacted, caused TMJ as a side effect, he also had severe Vitamin D deficiency. Things are getting better slowly, we had his wisdom teeth taken out, the migraines are still there but are subsiding with every passing month. I don't have any other advice to give you, make sure the symptoms for brain tumor are not present (blurred vision, sensitivity to light, dizziness, etc...).

• Posted

I would suggest herbal treatment to calm down nerves. It has worked for me as I made a switch 9 years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.