Migraines/Headaches when going off HRT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I slowly reduced HRT and went off completely 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've had either a low-level headache or a more painful migraine every day. My Ob-Gyn told me that I wouldn't have headaches when going off HRT. I had a month of migraines after going off birth control, but she said this would be different because HRT at much lower level than birth control.

I'm not 100% sure that going off HRT is the cause, because I had a cortisone shot in my neck (between C2 and C3) a few days before going off HRT, and that caused headaches in the days between that and stopping HRT. So that could also be the cause.

So does anyone have experience with headaches or migraines when going off HRT? If so, how long can I expect these to last?

By the way, the bloating that I experienced with HRT (which I discussed on a different thread) is still around 3 weeks later and shows no sign of reducing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.