Migraines? Not sure, no sufficient answers. maybe nicotine withdrawal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

?My name is Jason and i'm at a student at university of Arizona. I have been having some crazy symptoms, and i'm only 20. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but for 10 months my freshman year I was smoking nicotine out a juul device for that duration. I would go through a ton of nicotine weekly. One day out of no where I felt very bad stomach pain, I came home vomiting like crazy, in between the vomiting I felt a very odd headache, it was super strong. that whole episode lasted for 1-2 days, I figured it was just a stomach flu, but to this day i'm not entirely sure. 

?After that whole 'flu' pasted, I one day woke up with a weird tingling and full sensation throughout my cheeks, and face. It progressively has become worse and worse by the week. It's been a little over 3 months now, and its at a point I can't deal with this anymore. For the past month-ish I've been in the worst comfort and feeling completely weird. I wakeup, within the first couple minutes of me waking up my whole face feels gone, my eyes feel super stiff, my neck feels super stiff, I start seeing this floaty ring like things and dark long spotty things, also my balance is completely affected and walking can be a struggle most of the time, never had anxiety before either, but now I definetly do. My mom has a history of visual migraines, but I cannot be sure if this is a migraine of something more serious. 

?I've got blood tests, pee tests, allegry/prick tested, went to see: a cardiologist, auto immune disease doctor, family doctor (said it was sinusitis), neurologist (said it was migraines), ENT(just said my nose looked inflamed) I have no idea what to do now..

?If anyone has any advice, or anything please leave it below i'm so desperate at this point

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have u tried mri of your brain? Hoping for you to feel better
    • Posted

Yes less than a month ago I got a brain mri with no contrast and the only thing that came out was sinus inflammation. And thank you 
    • Posted

Good to hear that you had a negative brain scan. Try out mri to your spine since you mentioned a stiff neck.
  • Posted

It does sound auto immune in nature to me. I have an auto immune disorder and these are all common symptoms. But obviously there can be other causes. You said you saw someone who deals with auto immune issues...did they do full blood tests? Did they look at ana esr and crp as these can be pointers to underlying conditions. Feeling unwell naturally makes us feel anxious so think that is normal. But try to do something which may help you relax. Do you have access to counselling therapy as a student as that may help. But in the end I think we all know if we are feeling anxious or unwell. I used to be fobbed off all the time by doctors suggesting I was anxious when I wasn't and knew I was unwell. Once I was diagnosed and treated I felt a million times better and now in remission so symptom free. Good luck

• Posted

Yep! My Ana hep 2 quantif was high, but the rheumatologist didn’t think it was an autoimmune disease. Yea it’s so weird and frustrating I’m just so desperate for help, I hate feeling like this dailysad
    • Posted

Surprised by that interpretation of your raised ana. With symptoms you have it is significant and I woukd be unhappy with that conclusion and seek a second opinion.
    • Posted

Yea, I am booking all these appointments. Personally I think it’s a brain tumor or a tumor. I mean though wouldn’t a tumor come up on a brain mri? Unless they misread it? All these symptoms are almost like one 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.