Migraines or Headaches prior to an Aortic Dissection?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just curious, how many folks suffered from migraines before thier Aortic Dissection operation?   After my surgery, one of the operating surgeons had mentiioned about knowing that I suffered from headaches/migraines without me even mentioning that to him. FYI, my blood pressure usually ran low until the Dissection.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rg, I was very interested in your message about head aches after your AAA operation, I had a Fenstrated Endovascular for an Aorta Aneurism just 5 weeks ago and ever since I'm experiencing an intense pain across my brow when ever I bend over, or  sneeze or cough which is the worst of them all, other wise it's okay, I have read that the cause could be Sinusisis , other reports suggests stress and tension, which I have had and still have at times, the operation was over 7 hours long and quite invasive to the body, even after 5 weeks I can't walk more than 10 minutes without intense pain in my hips and back, how are you coping,  James

• Posted

Opposite for me, I have not had any headaches since before my operation in february, I can now bike for 10 miles and have not been experiencing any uncomfortable pains other than the typical chest recovery or back pains here & there.

Hang in there James, I would highly recommend that you only exercise when you feel good, your body will gradually get stronger as time goes by & after the first few months you will have more good days than bad, so try & take it easy partner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.