Migraines or ms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is it possible for migraines to leave lesions on my brain and damage my myelin sheath. I've had an mri and it said i had a dymyelting disease such as multiple sclerosis. My neurologist never said anything to me my rheumatologist gave me a copy of my lasted mri. I called my family doctor and scheduled an appointment with a new neurologist and an optamogist. But unfortunately my neurologist appointment isn't until may... I keep getting told i have chronic migraines and fibromyalgia... I keep getting pins and needles in my hands and feet , my legs fall out from under me, i see floaters, and auras or maybe the best way to describe it is staticy. And i have accidents... Last i checked peeing your pants was not a symptom on fibromyalgia. I am in constant pain. I am sensitive to light.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, it sounds to me like you do have MS. You need to ask your Dr or write to the neurologist for a proper diagnosis. I sincerely wish you well. I have MS and arthritis and sometimes think i have fibromyalgia, i believe fibromyalgia is linked to ms, i have no evidence it's just my own belief.

• Posted

Thank you and i am sorry for you i hope you are fine .

I went to 7 doctors 6 of them told to start with the medication but i was afraid due to the relapse of optic neuritis and the lesions

• Posted

Thank you for your reply i was just very confused for starting the medication or not but i took my decision to start after the opinion of the seventh doctor i don't know if i am right or not

• Posted

I also have the same symptoms as you and also have episodes of slurred speech and my sight is getting worse...I'm confused as my neurologist has advised I have fibromyalgia and silent migraines with essential tremor but still think I have MS as a lot of my symptoms do not fit Fibromyalgia...my scans show white matter both in my brain and spine but still being told it's not MS so given up keep complaining.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply the doctors said it might be an early stage of ms and that i should start the medication to avoid any other attacks at the beginning i was afraid to take it but now cause the doctors was worried about the lesions so i am thinking to take it
    • Posted

If they have advised I would take the meds and let us know how you get on. I'm stuck in limbo which is a nightmare...hope you get on ok

• Posted

Thank you so much i guess i will start it soon and write if i felt anything
  • Posted

Hi I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I have MS RRM it took 20 yrs of going to dr before I was properly diagnosed. I can't say if you have MS it effects every person differently. I can say some of your symptoms are consistent with MS. Two things helped with my diagnosis, one my general practices Dr told me to start keeping a journal of my symptoms, the date yr time of day symptoms and duration here in the USA this can also help if you ever need to get onto disability. 2 my past ct,pet,and mri scans keep everything in a file. To be diagnosed for MS there will be several test for other diseases, these test are done to rule out everything else before they will say it's MS. I hope you will start a journal it was very helpful to the neurologist it gives them a snapshot into your life which will hurry the diagnosis. My prayers and good wishes for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.