migrains since little girl but this one is weird

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all so glad I found this forum as I did not know they was one .

when I was in year 4 I think migrains started maybe abit earlier I would get a horrible headache woth pounding heart beat in my head and a burning weI'd sensation I have been sick once with it I would get so Dizzy with these headaches I would have to go and lay in a dark room I would not be able to eat or anything until it was gone .

I'm now 22 and my migrain decided to come when they want and I know im always due one when my period has started this time it's waited until my period has just finished but it's strange it started last night I got Dizzy and the mild burning ache in my head and really bad fatigue I went to bed as I felt so ill and woke up this morning with the dreaded migrain paracetamol normally gets rid of it but today it hasn't my migrain has calmed down for now but the symtoms are still here I'm worried it's not a migrain this time I feel I keep like missing a breathe or something I feel Dizzy but it's more of a drunk spinning Dizzy I feel nausea but starving even though I managed to eat I've had a belly ache with it too I have a fast heart rate this normally happened with migrains too for me I'm seeing more flashes and floaters then normal and my eyes are so blurry Should I go to doctors ?

I had a really bad attack in 2012 I was anemic aswell and did not know but I went blind lost my balance had ringing in my ears heart racing and slurred my words then it turns into a migrain I went to doctors as I self diagnosed myself with migrains and still they have no diagnosed me with anything or offered any relief doss anybody know if this is normal ? And migrain as my doctors really just don't care about anything at the minute most my family get bad migrains by the way they have been put on meds and even been home schooled there that bad my parents was never one to take me to doctors about anything so unfortunately I have had to suffer im starting to get fed up

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself,to,the doctor and if he's rubbish get a second opinion ie another doctor, failing that go to A and E and do it that way, I hate doctors that just throw mess at people, yours do sound weird, so be sure and get checked ok..... Don't take no for an answer....

qq  what clears them up. Is it normal pain killers or do you take triptans?

• Posted

Hi Stepfx

You sound pretty young. Migraine does run in families. My son started with them when he was about 10 and I really thought he had a tumour. He still gets them reAlly bad but not so frequently. Mine started after a virus though I did get a couple a year when I was younger. I think you should write all your symptoms down and a diary if when they start, then go back and see a sympathetic gp and ask for help. People often go to their gp and forget to say all the important things that will help diagnosis. Often people who are distressed repeat themselves and GPS haven't much time so writing it all down can be a big help. I hope you get sorted. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi,

So sorry to hear you are suffering without the help you need.  Go back to your GP and try to get a referral to a neorologist to rule out anything more serious. Some of your symptoms are similar to mine and it sounds like there is a possibility you could have vertigo with your migraines (migrainous vertigo).

I too suffered from headaches from an early age (and am still suffering at 60+), which I now know were migraines, but back when I was a child we didn't know about migraine.  Anyone who hasn't suffered from migraine cannot understand the difference between that and a headache and sufferers may not always get the support they need.

I hope you get a proper diagnosis soon and the support you need and deserve.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi

These symptoms are reported as side effects of Botox. Were you treated with Botox for your mirains?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.