Mild abdominal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can someone please shed some light on my symptoms?  I had my scan today, i convinced myself that i had gallstones or gallbladder problem but it's not that.  I still have my abdominal pains (which are mild) and i am due to have an endoscopy next week.  I am wondering what is causing these pains if it's not gallstones?  I do suffer from gastric reflux and take 40mg Omeprazole daily but i have had this for years but these symptoms have happened over the last 4 weeks or so.  Any ideas anyone?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Could it be IBS raffaela , can you eat ok 
    • Posted

I can eat and drink OK and my appetite hasn't been affected as far as i've noticed but (sorry if this is TMI, but my stools are quite pale in colour) and along with this plus the symptoms i was experiencing i had convinced myself it was gallstones.  Once i have my endoscopy next week i hope to know a bit more as to why i am getting these symptoms.
  • Posted

Well eating and drinking and appetite is good news I am struggling to eat , no appetite and nauseous I am having endoscopy and colonoscopy in 12 days time I'm sure we will be fine Issy 
    • Posted

How long have you been having these symtoms, I had the exactly same since December and it all started from a vending machine, do you have any idea on what may of caused your symtoms?
    • Posted

It began in November around the time I had a viral chest thing , food wise I had been drinking tonic water a lot and have read since that carbonated drinks can cause excess acid along with alcohol chocolate fried and fatty food processed food . I think now I am so anxious about it that that is making it worse as well 
    • Posted

Yeah I'm totally the same, since the endoscorpy I've been fine because you're given a laxative a day before to flush literally everything in your stomach so I think whatever was causing my nausea and loose/direaha stools got flushed out, it's now the anxiety which is hard to come over. I hope your endoscorpy goes wellsmile
    • Posted

I always suffered from loose stools/ direaha quite often especially around 30 minutes after I ate, but I've been researching up what might help stop having loose stools and it's an enzyme digestive tablets, you can buy them in holland and barrets, I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to buy some tomorrow, they supposed to give your body extra enzymes so it's easier for your stomach to break up foods. I'll give them a treat and let you guys know if I see any inprovments on them
  • Posted

When I had my scan yesterday I did ask her if it was gallstones and later she said no gallstones and gallbladder fine, I remember her mentioning 'lot of gas' what does this mean exactly?
  • Posted

I don't know but if you had to starve or clear out your bowel for the scan I suppose you would get a lot of wind ? 
  • Posted

When I read up on digestive issues (I have IBS, my son has Coeliac), recently I've seen some information on bile, stomach enzymes and acids. Maybe you should ask your dr. about it...not enough acid may cause your upper digestive issues, or bile could be why you're noticing lighter stools?  I'd also ask about a good probiotic. Happy for you that it's not gallstones or more acute pain...hope you find your answers and get well soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.