Mild chest pain w/aortic root aneurysm?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone-

So I was diagnosed last year with a 4.7 cm aortic root dilation (aneurysm). 

I've been having some mild intermittent chest pain the past couple of months. It happens several times a day, basically lasts for a few seconds then goes away. It often occurs when I'm laying down at night, but will sometimes occur while sitting/walking around. It usually occurs in the 1 inch from the center of my chest on the left side, but sometimes will occur on the right-center (an inch from the center). So...not always in the same place in my chest. 

It does not seem to be exercise or stress induced. The last couple of days, I've been checking pulse and BP when it happens or right after and they have been normal. When I'm laying down, my pulse is usually in the low 60's.

I wouldn't describe the symptoms as severe. It's more of a discomfort/dull pain. I reported it to my cardiologist. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal. He said it's probably muscular-skeletal or acid reflux. I've been on Prilosec for a month now, but that doesn't seem to be helping.

I had read that sometimes ppl will have chest pains (see item #2 of this article from Cleveland Clinic)

https://www.valleyheartandvascular.com/Thoracic-Aneurysm-Program/Risk-Stratification.aspx

Anyone else ever have these symptoms? If so, was it related to your aneurysm?

Thx much!

Midé

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have pains in my chest and both sides throughout the day. I have been getting dizzy too.
  • Posted

Hi Barbe-

Thanks for responding. Have you reported these symptoms to your doctor? Any idea if this might be related to the aneurysm?

• Posted

I went to my pulmonary doctor for results of the CT scan 4 lung nodules and he is the one that told me about this. He said I needed to follow up with primary doctor and get a referral to heart Dr. I have not gone yet I am scared.
  • Posted

Have your dr prescribe you 20mg of famotine  a day, it helps if you might be describing stomach acid which is commonly thought as chest/heart pain.
  • Posted

I was having little pains in the same area, which I believe was right where my aneurysm was. Hasn’t happened a single time since I had surgery. My surgeon didn’t think it was the aneurysm either, but I believe it was. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.