Mild chronic gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed mild chronic gastritis after endoscopic biopsy. I am 40 year old. Really worried what to do ?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Muhammad,

first...stop the worry...think 20% of the world population has some type of mild Gastritis..and that might be a light estimate.

Do you have any "clue" as to why you might have caused this condition?

Some detective  work needed...if you can figure it out, the resolving can be quicker and longer lasting. Otherwise, its a long long trial and error as to what...when..how much you eat...what meds or supplements you should take and which ones to avoid...Claudio

• Posted

Donclaudio, Thanks so much for reply. I am not sure what exactly caused this. But you know our cultural food are very spicy which may have caused it. I smoked like 6-7 cig a day. May be this has caused it. But I stopped that completely since yesterday. Not to mention stress which is part of life. Now dr. Prescribed me 40 mg twice a day. I am planning to avoid all type of coffee and tea ( although very hard ) , no to soda , and eat a lot of salad and melon and less salt. Any further suggestion ? I am very scard of cancer of stomach.
    • Posted

muhammad, ...40mg of ?? probably acid reducing...these block the secretion of acids from your stomach's lining..resulting in an unbalanced ratio of acids and bile...you need the acid to protect pathogens from entering your small intestine.That you've quit smoking, and are on a better diet things should improve..but will take some time...I "assume" the biopsy showed only gastritis and not any bacteria?  takes about a week for a lab to assay the HP bacteria.

Many gastritis patients without other issues have used fermented milk and vegetable products with excellent results..but not everyone can tolerate them unfortunately...fresh cabbage juice has also been used with the same excellent results but took a tad longer. Avoid spices and anything that has used heated oil (HNE)... ...after about 6 months from total remediation you can slowly re introuce some of your favorites  "one at a time"...the reason for delay...is that most lilkely your lining may have visceral hypersensitivity..."tender"...and it just takes time for it to heal completely....L Glutamine can help accelerate healing...use science based info only to validate any info...go to google scholar..and select only studies from medical journals. If I list them, this post will go into limbo until Monday....if you cant..will pm you...so let me know..

Most important, the "motive" for the acid blocking is to reduce lining irritation fromm acid (HCL)?? bile isn't blocked and it is errosive....the better way is to use DGL 15 to 20 minutes before each meal (either DGL or Slippery Elm as both can protect the lining from foods being processed in your stomach)...night time pre bed..take one tab of a Bismuth (about 260mg)...keep your head elevated night time...not kinked...those who have begun remediation quickly, also achieved quicker and long lasting results....Claudio

• Posted

Hi donclaudio, I wonder if I can use the green tea in breakfast since I am used to of having hot beverage in at least breakfast ?
    • Posted

Hi Donclaudio, I am worried that what I am going to eat ? Because according to discussion here and study I can't eat dairy products , no fat , no meat , no coffee , no spices and no fired food and for how long I have to stay away from all these food ? I am 40 year old and last week I found out I have mild chronic gastritis , mild Redness in LES and duodenits. Please suggest me. Thanks.
    • Posted

Muhammad,

I would be reluctant to advise you to avoid some things as well as what you should eat and drink...But will try and stay prudent....There are some basics....example: don't traumatize your stomach area...meaning, too hot...too cold...spicy...too acid..simply protect it by your own "sense"...compressing the stomach anytime, meaning...lifting heavy objects, bending down harshly, and especially after a meal, don't over eat or drink......take a brief walk...you'll grasp the program quickly...I can relate to you what others have used in their diets and supplements to either improve or cure their Gastritis....supplements: DGL some used pre meals to protect lining during and post meals...some within 15 to 30 minutes post each meal.Some used Slippery Elm and or alternated between the two. Anti inflammatories...resveratrol 100mg, natto kinase, bromalain, quercetin, and always with a meal. L gluatamine 2g x 2 daily although chemo patients used 10g x 2 daily... its one of the most abundant amino's in our body, amount over 20gm may not be beneficial. You only need to "strain" for four to five weeks with a strict restriction of foods...then one by one re introduce what you know you have been able to tolerate...these foods only must be "easy digestives", steamed, poached etc vs heated oils...you need fats..but its "quantity and quality"...fats from fish....i.e. salmon, mackeral, herring are good sources...ground turky breast too, for plant fats..avocado (just don't OD)...flax oil, perhaps blended in cottage cheese or similar (budwig diet source), lactose (milk) is difficult to digest with gastritis but fermented milk products if tolerated are easy digestives...egg, squash, some potato (but not mashed) concept: you need to chew and mix well starches/carbs with your saliva before swallowing so your small intestine has the opportunity to absorb them since catabolization of carbs stops due to the low ph in your stomach. Water at 8.2 ph or higher vs other fluids..other supplements I'll PM you since when I've mentioned them before, the post gets deleted or goes forever into limbo. Coconut water if tolerated.

Wife consumed a few pieces of fermented cabbage daily without issue...was only to boost digestion and add a different source and type of probiotics.

Later tomorrow I'll try and check the diary and pm you with anything deemed important. She is all busy for her Toronto journey tomorrow morning...today my life is a tad miserable..but only for a short time. oh, she will be eating out in Toronto, she will eat only steamed foods...while she can eat most anything nowdays, outside of home cooking can be a tad risky..she has only been well since October, and my sense is at least 6 months of prudence.

Oh, I once read an excellent study out of Iran re gastritis, I'll try and check on it tomorrow..recall easily the one regarding ulcer cure via basic Iranian cultural cheese...

Claudio

• Posted

Hi Don , I know you must have been very busy. I am waiting for you to send me the Iranian study about gastritis. Please don't forget. Thanks.
    • Posted

found it...but its in PDF format...big file....do the following:

go to google scholar...cut and paste this in search to get the study...and if you don't, I'll try a few "work arounds"..let me know eh? .claudio

Mitra Heydari Nasrabadi 1, Heliya Aboutalebi 1*, Maryam Tajabadi Ebrahimi and Farima Zahedi1

• Posted

A nutritional food diet can help tremendously. Learn what irritates UR stomach by keeping a journal of what u eat. Avoid the foods that cause problems. 

Foods I've learned to avoid alcohol, nicotine, condiments, flesh foods, chillis, sour things, pickles, strong tea and coffee l also also avoid sweets, pastries, rich cakes and aerated waters on a empty stomach. Yogurt and cottage cheese may be taken freely it help to add live good bacteria in UR gut. 

I also stay away from fried foods while eating out. Some use rancid oils and butter to fry in and is  really bad. I like to stay safe eating yogurt every day and keep away from food that cause issues.

• Posted

Hi Muhammad,

The most common cause of gastritis is high fat content food.  If you can reduce the fat in your diet first you may find that this is all you need to do.  It would probably be imposssible for you to take chilli and other spices out of your diet, but by reducing the fat it should help calm things down.  Using low fat or even fat free yoghurt with your spices may help protect your stomach from their irritants.  It really is trial and error.

• Posted

Hi Chrisy,

Fats are not good. Fried foods fried in fatty oils seem to be a bigger for me.

Taking L- Glutemine and eating yogurt with live good cultures is helpful for many.

theres not a one size fits all but eat fatty foods is a good suggestion to stay away from. There a list online for foods to eat and foods to stay away from?

Kind Regards

HOPEconfused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.