Mild depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced a mild depression? And am I even suffering from depression at all?

I don't feel particularly sad, but sometimes I cry to my boyfriend about feeling numb. Things do make me happy- but sometimes I don't see the point in life. If that makes sense. I took a philosphy class last semester and i think that really messed with my head and my beliefs. I question almost everything and nothing can convince me that I have purpose. Sounds awful- I'm 19 and have never thought this way until more recently. 

I also had my mom pass away when I was 16- i think that opened me to the reality of death. 

Am i just having trouble adjusting to college and becoming an adult? 

Has anyone ever experienced this and gotten over it? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi kaylin42989 i sadly lost my mom 3 years ago i have alot in common with people on this web site. Now obviously my circumstances are different to yours but i can relate to some of what youve said. I wont tell you my story dont worry. I think you have a lot going on and sometimes you have to reach out to establish what is going on. Now only being 19 you have been through a lot. Try not to worry about the D word. When we are brought into this world we are meet with nothing but love. I truely believe its kind of same when we pass. Now thats my belief everone is different. Ive had so many spiritual experiences that my belief can no longer be altered. I hope i havent bored you with my long message. I have a lot of experience with depression it does get better.
    • Posted

No thank you so much for your reply! Any input is helpful and it definitely is good that you sort of can understand my feeling! I have never met anyone who has lost a mother so I never know what to think of how I'm feeling. I have many people who love me and I know that smile but it's definitely very hard sometimes

• Posted

Well i lost my mum to lung and brain cancer 3 and a half years ago. Obviously i was just trying to sympathise with you on that there are many options soultions to depression. Thats good youve got people around you that love you. When i first suffered depression i was asked to leave someone of importance trying to help me i was in a bad place then. Now im sorry if my reply didnt feel like it helped.
    • Posted

I am going to see a new therapist on Monday so hopefully that will be helpful as well
    • Posted

Good luck with the therapist. Depression does not last forever. By the sounds of it youve got good people around you to help you. I wont go on anymore than that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.