Mild gastits and hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have gastits and a hernia, first of all I didn't really have that much symptoms just the odd bouts of nausea and loss of appetite. The loss of appetite went on for a few weeks, sometimes retuned and then went again. I started off on omeprezole but found after a while made me so anxious, so switched to zantac.

I was off meds for two weeks prior to the endoscophy and to be honest, I didnt feel too bad but knew it was still there. I went back on omeprezole as I thought it would be more effective than zantac. This was ok for a few weeks but then gave me terrible stomach gas and discomfort, so switched back to zantac. I am finding fat a problem as that does upset my stomach, I dont have a gallbladder so that prob doesnt help. I do try to avoid fat but some things i think might be ok arent. This This has been going on for a good three months, it is getting me down. The worse time seems to be in the evening when sitting down and i feel it burning in chest.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I can understand completely how you feel especially with the extra gass in your stomach and burning in your chest after an evening meal. I take Lansaprazole which is similar to omeprazole and also take gaviscon after each meal to help with burning and acid which you may find will help you. Also try drinking water with your evening meal as opposed to any fizzy drinks or fruit juices. I wish you well :-)
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I do try to drink quite a bit of water but i think i make the mistake of filling up on water then eating, there's too much going on in stomach and i dont think this helps with the burning, it is a case of getting it right i suppose and learning what helps and doesnt! I dont seem to get the acid so much, just more burning in chest and crampy stomach with fat.
    • Posted

Do try gaviscon though as it should help with the burning. I know what it feels like as twice I went to hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. Sttting down or laying back is the worst thing you can do so take the gaviscom and have a little walk after your meal in the evening 
    • Posted

The strange thing is the burning isnt like heartburn burn like when i have eaten pastry or something, it is more a dull burn feel in chest if you know what i mean, i dont seem to have acid coming up, but i do use gaviscon just to calm it all the same
  • Posted

Last night I suffered terribly due to a fatty meal so I know what you mean. I always try to buy lean meat and regularly cook using one of those George Foreman grills and you will be amazed how much fat comes out which would otherwise be going inside you. 

Do do you eat regularly during the day, if not try eating more during the day when you are more active and then eat less in the evening. 

• Posted

Yes I do eat quite regularly in the day, it doesnt seem to affect me then, I think I should reduce the amount i eat in evening meal, i suppose it doesn't help sitting down afterwards! I will try to reduce fat a lot more, yes the george forman grill is something i should consider!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.