Mild Gastritis - Doctor says won't cause symptoms

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

I was diagnosed with mild gastritis and tested positive also for H Pylori a few weeks ago yet my doctor says that neither the gastritis nor the H Pylori will cause the symptoms that I am experiencing.  I feel constantly nauseas, pain which prevents me from sleeping, burning and excess acid.  Pain is also caused by breathing in deeply.  I have a lot of wind and belching and extreme pain on swallowing food or liquid.   I hiccup a lot particularly following eating which is an ordeal.  There is a constant gurgling noise coming from my stomach which is very audible and sounds like a blocked drain.  All the symptoms I have seem to be the same as those of gastritis as I've seen on several medical sites on the internet yet my doctors constantly state that mild gastritis will not cause these symptoms.  At the same time they can't give me any other explanation for the problem.  I've lost nearly two stones in weight due to this problem and despite high doses of Omeprazole and Ranitidine I can't see any great improvement and I'm still getting acid and burning in my stomach - even water burns. Doctors have also said that H Pylori would not cause the symptoms either - I have received a weeks treatment for this on Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Can anyone throw any light on my problems

Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

DGL licorice to replace the Omeprazole and Ranitidine.  Start taking a good quality probiotic.  Oregano oil, Holy Basil, Coconut Oil will help to kill off the HPylori.  Look into the Fodmap diet.  Peppermint oil is also good.
  • Posted

Hi Debbie, losing weight is a bad sign that something is not right. seek a second opinion see another doctor, you should get a gastroscopy done... The gurgling in your stomach is nothing i have it all the time and so do most of my clients, the rumbling is when the intestines rub together, they are always moving.

Try and drink milk to relieve your burning.

• Posted

Hi debbie

i had same saw a homeopath who is also a pharmacist he

advised me to take Allicin Max capsules 6 daily for two weeks

Am now fine i take just one allicin daily as maintenance dose

These were fine to take with other meds hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Christine. I have been having abdominal pain for 4 months now. I did an endoscopy and all results including HP were clear. Did you also have abdominal pain with no cause? I see you said Allicin Max worked for you? Just seeing what options I have because the PPI ; Dexilant , i am taking isnt curing my pain... it does help a little though.Thanks
  • Posted

Many thanks for the advice - will look into the remedies recommended.  Weight loss is mainly due to not being able to eat sufficient quantities of food due to pain so I'm not too worried.  I'm also seeing a private gastroenterologists this Saturday for his slant on things.  Had gastroscopy done two weeks ago which reported the mild gastritis and H Pylori infection but doctors say it is nothing and cannot cause the symptoms I am experiencing.
    • Posted

How long have you had these symptoms? Gastritis can be pretty miserable until it starts to heal. For me, the only thing that gives instant relief (until the other meds start working) is Pepto Bismol. It coats the stomach lining, so it's sort of like putting a band-aide on your insides. Taking a Xanax helps, too. Nervousness and anxiety makes gastritis much worse. 
    • Posted

I've had the symptoms since September last year but things got complicated when they found that my gallbladder was not working and attributed all the symptoms to that. As soon as it was removed in April it was clear that I still couldn't swallow food or liquid without severe pain and a gastroscopy revealed gastritis and H Pylori. The worst part of all of this is that no doctor is taking this seriously and just saying that gastritis can't cause these symptoms. All the symptoms are classic gastritis symptoms and all other tests including a CT scan are all fine Even though they are saying that gastritis doesn't cause my symptoms they are medicating me with 80mg of Omeprazole and 300mg of Ranitidine daily as well as strong co-codamols for the pain. Really completely fed up with the medical profession as you never get proper answers to anything. I know anxiety makes it worse and I am getting myself into a state over all of this which is definitely not helping. I'm just hoping it will settle down in time with the meds. The chances of my doctors prescribing anything for anxiety are extremely remote (I'm in the UK). I'm seeing a gastroenterologist privately on saturday who I have seen before and who diagnosed the gallbladder problem very promptly so I am hoping he will come up with some answers. I'm worried that the problem may relate to bile reflux and not acid which is complication of gallbladder surgery in some people and is not as easy to treat as acid reflux.
    • Posted

Hi have you found out if it was because of bile reflux? Hope you’re feeling better .
  • Posted

if your doctor said not this nor that so then what the causes of your symptoms??

tell your doctor to treat these diseases first and see your symptoms after. I don't

know what kind of this doctor.!!!!! he must go through according to test results.

the symptoms of these diseases varied between on person and another one.

• Posted

I too have been suffering with this affliction for almost 4 months now. It truly affects your life negatively. I have some good days and some bad days. Thankfully the good days are out weighing the bad.

The doctors aren't much help. So I've done tons of research. So this is my current regime. I changed my diet, eliminated sugars, fats, all the trigger foods basically . I eat mostly rice, potatoes , lentils, chicken and fish. Fruits I use bananas and papaya . Sometimes watermelons . I drink a lemon ginger herbal tea, almond milk and lots of water.

I am on nexium 40 my once a day, and Zantac 750 up to twice daily. I have included Pepzin GI, which really helps. I also read that l - glutamine powder helps heal the stomach lining as well. Just ordered my first bottle , so time will tell.

Just try to stay positive . I believe this battle would be won and can be conquered. Just pray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.