Mild Mitral Regurgitation

Posted , 6 users are following.

I been having weird feelings in my arms with palpitations and chest pain The GP found a heart Murmur I was sent for echo which found my mumor was due to a Mitral Regurgitation, I'm a lady aged 48 and over weight, I was told I need to lose weight and I go to cardiac chest pain clinic next week, just wondered if anyone knows. Or has this, My chest pains Up into my neck and jaw I still have but hoping they will go, thank you for reading

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

If say your weight is the problem but you should be fine but to avoid any future problems start exercising and dieting within your means and you'll be alright

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I have mitral and aortic regurgitation, and a leaking aortic valve. My valves are both mechanical. I'm 23 and have had it most of my life.

If its just mild they usually wont operate or do anything (unless they find any more issues)

It is very important to not be overweight though as this adds extra pressure on the heart x

• Posted

I'm scared, just been diagnosed mild auortic regurgitation and thickened valve although thank goodness it's still mobile. Doctor says not to worry. Any advice?

• Posted

Well ive had it all my life, and both my valves are mechanical. Ive had 12 heart surgeries so farand awaiting another one.

How are you feeling?

• Posted

You've had a lot to contend with, I feel a bit like a wimp but it's quite a shock and I can t get an appointment with my gp it's ring on the day which to me is shocking. The nurse practitioner rang me today with the result of my scan. She said hospital have passed my results to the consultant. My question was how long before consultation t gets back to gp or me and was told, " don't know" . Your life in their hands.

• Posted

Will it be your first time seeing this consultant or have you seen them before?

It usually takes a few months

• Posted

No problem

Which hospital will you go to do you know?

Where abouts do you live?

I'm 23 years old

• Posted

Is the chest pain in your neck and jaw new, if so I would be ringing an ambulance, don't take any chances.

I know my husband had an appointment for the following week when he collapsed at Easter, took my letter with me to the hospital, to show them his Dr's name, for that appt, he was admitted and treated straight away, appt cancelled for the following week.

• Posted

I"ve had MVP all my life (55) people can live thier whole lives without needing the valve replaced or repaired.  Try to keep the weight down as he/she said, keep as  much press off the valve and exercise at least walk to keep the blood moving forward.  People with this condition tend to have more anxiety so try to keep calm as much as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.