Mild neck issues but moderate nerve pain in arms.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. New here.

I’ve been having pain across the top of my shoulders, down the back of my upper arms and pain in both elbows for about three years. It’s intermittent. 

I had an MRI for other reasons about 6 weeks ago and I was found to have 4 broad based disk bulges, facet joint arthritis and a severe foraminal stenosis at C7. 

I was advised by my neurologist to have a C7 nerve block bilaterally, physiotherapy and wear a soft collar in bed at night.

i had the nerve block two days ago but haven’t started physio yet, nor have I purchased a collar.

the radiologist who performed the nerve block told me that the compression is caused by both the disc bulge AND the osreophytes and that there is very little room for the exiting nerves.

ill wait and see if the nerve block works but I’m doubtful that the injections will be a long term solution because of the bony compression component.

am I right to assume that 5he injections will merely mask the pain and not cure the problem?

TIA for any replies.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apologies for spelling errors...my iPad is playing up and has turned on double tap...annoying.
  • Posted

Hi

I haven't had injections for my cervical spondylosis as yet, early stages. However, my understanding is that injections give temporary relief and is not a cure........

• Posted

Thank you for the info. I’m hoping the injections work because I have a medical condition which would make surgery very risky...even if I could find a surgeon willing to try.

• Posted

Just thought I’d update at 10 days post nerve blocks...it’s done absolutely nothing. I’ll just wait and hope it kicks in soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.