Mild Pancreatitus

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is there such a thing as mild pancreatitis. I had it BAD 26 years ago. I did stop drinking but recently started again. Over the past 2 weeks I drank a lot. Im experiencing mild abdomen discomfort for the past 2 days. I was wondering if I fasted for a few days would this go away? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had pancreatitis for the past year through alcoholism and it only takes me a few nights drinking even the weakest of beer to set mine off again,it normally takes about a week or 2 for the pain and sickness to subside without any alcohol,or high fat foods,but this is the first i've hered of pancreatitis to flare up after 26 year's.

• Posted

If you've had pancreatitus, you shouldn't drink. Ever. Of course, you can but it'll only aggravate your pancreas so it's up to you. Some people can get away with the odd drink but once the pancreas is damaged, it doesn't heal. Fasting will help rest it if you have pain (drink water though). But it's best not to drink. I miss having the odd glass of wine but it's not worth the pain.

• Posted

I'm the same i miss having a nice cold bitter every evening but when i think about it, it's not worth the pains and sickness,I still somtimes find it difficult to resist the urge to drink,a year and half ago i was always in hospital for alcohol related sicknesses such fatty liver disease and the finnally last year chronic pancreatitis,it's not worth your life.

• Posted

Yes, fast and go on a fat free diet and stop drinking for atleast 6 months to a year, contuniung drinking or eating fatty can possibly get you chronic pancreatitis.

Let you pancreas heal.

And are you sure is pancreatitis, gallstones and ibs have similar symptoms.

Check your lipase and amylase levels, of its pancreatis they should remain elevated for like 2 weeks.

Good luck and godbless

• Posted

Thanks for your help everyone.....Ive been pretty concerned and frankly down right scared for the past 2 days. I hope I havent permantley screwed myself
    • Posted

Just find a lab where they do blood work or have your local clinic drain blood from you and send it to the lab, you should get results back in 2 days.

Good luck

• Posted

Yes it is possible to have pancreatitis mildly. If I drink heavy I notice bloating some mild pain in back and under my ribs. I massage it away and fast for 24 hours. Drink broth or light soup. Lots of water. 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours and heat will get those mild twinges gone in 24 hours. Good luck b
    • Posted

Poppy thank you very much. It feels a little better today. I was really concerned yesterday. I was in the hospital with this 25=26 years ago. I stopped drinking but recently started again. I think I will stop again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.