Mild shingles on labia?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I saw another post about someone getting shingles on their labia and wanted to reopen the discussion because it is an older post.

I was tested for HSV - swab and IGG antibody, my story can be found in my profile. Both tests were negative for HSV 1 and 2. I was tested because I experienced a small number of ulcers/lesions on the left side of my labia. I didn't have pain or itching, and didn't seem to have nerve issues. However, I did think I had pulled a muscle (also left side, thought it was my psoas) that correlated with this outbreak on my labia.

My question - has anyone experienced a mild outbreak on their labia like this? Could what I experienced be shingles? I started on anti-virals, lysine, vit c, and zinc right away, so maybe that lessened the outbreak extent. I do think I have mild nerve pain in my left labia, but can't tell if it is in my head or from looking at my vagina so much. The lesions for sure existed, as the doctor confirmed and swabbed them. I also had a few red bumps, one that ulcerated, on my left butt cheek after the labia lesions went away. The doctor did not test for shingles. They were pretty cold toward me and said sorry it is most likely HSV, but the tests are negative. The lesions are gone so a swab is not possible. Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.