Mild Slovakine (?!) Of Esophagus Lining - Anyone Heard of this?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi -

First time poster here....I had an upper endscopy done due to flank pain and pain near my left rib along with bloating nausea and heart burn. The results were essentially normal except one thing. The doctor wrote (by hand) on the report 

"Mild slovakine (?) of esophagus lining - biopsy"

That slovakine word I'm not sure if thats how it's spelled his handwriting is so hard to read. But I've googled various versions of that and nothing even close comes up. I know when I worke up he explained it to me but I don't recall anything he said as I was still very much out of it. 

So I'm wondering has anyone ever heard of this slovakine (also could be svorakine?) of the the esophagus lining?! My appointment isn't for another two weeks and while I'm not worried it's anything serious, I am extremely curious. 

Really hoping someone out there has an idea as to what the heck he's talking about!

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mild dysplasia ? 
    • Posted

Hmm I'm not sure... I'm kicking myself that I can't remember what he said. Have you heard of anything like slovakine in regards to the esophagus? I truly cannot find anything that closes resembles that word on google. 

• Posted

That could be it. Any idea if that has anything to do or can be related to intussusception?

The reason I ask is because I had a CT of the stomach done last summer and then a month ago at two different hospitals and both radiologists said "Incidental note is made of 2 focal areas of intussusception in the proximal small bowel" . The ER doctor and GI doctor both said they were confused by this because they didn't think you could see a past of intussuception on a CT scan and they also said intussucption usually only happens in children. 

• Posted

I am not sure that intussusception can happen in oesophagus ... that was your initial discussion above. 

"Mild slovakine (?) of esophagus lining - biopsy"  ??

The biopsy relates to pathology of eosopagal tissue .. Intussuception is a mechanical or structural problem in the intestine...... 2 very different things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.