Mild stab like pains directly under my left Brest , behind my ribs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please anybody help me !!!!! 

I've been having these mild like stab /needle pain directly under my left Brest behinds ribs . I can manage to breath in /out but I can clearly feel this uncomfortable pain . I've always had this particular pain since I was 8/9 yrs old . But back then the pains were shorter and lighter.  Now they have come back again for about 2/3 days now . 

And it usually states in the evening between 6/7 pm onwards. But today's it's not going away . I can clearly feel the pain is there . When the pain occurs I have to stop bend forwards slightly and breath slowly . 

It's like a tightening then it looses after a few seconds but the actual pain lingers on . 

I'm not thinking it's a heart attack , but could it be angina or anything else related to the heart . 

I'm 35 I go the the gym regularly just cannot think to what it maybe ?

Please any small advice would be really appreciated , I went to bed to see if I could call a sleep bt the pain is there like never before and more frequent . Also previously I've been to A&E for this exact pain , they do the ECG and few other (don't know which though) tests then they say I'm fine it's probably just tense tissue . 

Pls anyone help ..... 

Regards 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Newbie, this must be very worrying. Have you tried eating one aspirin and see if there is any difference?  If there is, you need to get to a doctor and get more tests. Have you had any x-rays? Pain is a warning so get yourself sorted and GOOD LUCK . . . 
    • Posted

Hi jay7196

Than you for your reply . After I posted my issues I went to A&E at 1am . I stared to get severe chest pains leading to light headedness , felt sick but didn't do it , also a burning sensation in the middle of my chest my mouth dried very quickly to a point I couldn't swallow . My partner drove me to the hospital which luckily is 1 mile from where we live we got the in minutes . 

The hospital was taking thier time as usual and asking me questions and I felt so much angry that they wouldn't take info such as date of birth address etc from my 

• Posted

Continued .... Don't know how I sent that message as I was typing . 

Ok then eventually they did a ECG, blood pressure , temperature etc  came out normal then the doctor said it's severe anxiety attack I'm feeling very anxious . Doctor said to have pain killers for the chest pain and see my doctor on Monday . 

I've had panic attacks BEFore  jay  , but last night was completely to a new level where I LITERALLY thought I was having a heart attack . 

So me and my partner went to the gym today did light running on the treadmill etc and came back in an hour . I don't feel any different as I know from these attacks it takes a good few days to get the normal energy level back . I feel soo drained and it's squeezed out all my energy .  

I feel even more depressed as to why and how I let it get to this stage .... (:: it's so weird to think how the MIND has the UTMOST power to control the whole body . Where as we humans think were all in control then it throws you rigt off track when something like this happens . 

Thank again jay 

Kind regards 

• Posted

Well, I have never had a panic attack- sounds horrible .. I am more inclined to fury attacks at incompetent medics. After my SVT episodes (no pain) I am totally worn out for at least 24 hours. I religiously eat my drug and when it starts rattling I have the remedies gleaned from forums ,,, jump up and down hard on the floor, cough every second,turn the cold shower on,crush an extra pill, lay on my left side and put the music very loud, eat a Valium (disgusted with myself for this weakness) and sleep in the fetal position. And hopefully wake up in the land of the living .. haaa haaa. Dont be depressed, feel thankful for every day ... xxx
    • Posted

Yes jay , it's true I'm very thankful .... Life is a gift . 

Take care ask me when you need so 

• Posted

hi

have you told the dr you are going to the gym as this could make it worse you seem to be trying to over due it by pushing yourself over the limit by the sounds of it i would ease of for going till you get something sorted out.

your body is trying to tell you something its like a car dosent run for ever go back to the dr tell him you want a referal to a vascular dr .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.