mildly dilated ascending aorta

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two years ago I had an echocardiogram and it showed that I have a mildly dilated ascending aorta. when my family doctor went over it she withheld that information from me. So I requested a copy and it was a little shock that she kept that information from me. Even if it isn't something to worry too much about. I also have a trace of mitral regurgitation which I know is considered normal. What brought all this on was my blood pressure was very high and almost passed out. Can't recall how high it was but high enough to be admitted to the hospital for a few days.

I am now a 51 year old with blood pressure that isn't too high but not within normal. Usually lingers around 145 over 90.

I went to a walk in clinic to get another opinion after the 2 years and to get a follow up and hope to get another echo to make sure it hasn't become worse.

My family doctor never made an attempt to make any sort of follow up. My father died from a massive heart attack at the age of 43 and both my grand father's died from myocardial infractions.

However the walk in doctor thought it was a good idea just to follow up on it and make sure all is OK.

I am sure my FD didnt want me too worry but it was something I still should know about right from the get go. not just look at me and tell me all is good.

Well any other professional opinions would appreciated as well.

Thanks for reading

Heather

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.