Mile stone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Today marks 6 months since my last drink. WOW! 6 months that I thought was not possible but made it. I know that it is just a drop in the bucket but here is what it has given me:

-I have 4550$ that I have not spent on wine. That was the cheap stuff. Imagine the cost if I had expensive taste! 🤣🤣🤣

-I have been able to confide in my husband and tell him all of the things I would do to get my wine, drink and all of the dangerous situations I would put myself in. By 1:00 pm I would already be drunkon my days off.

-I feel like a better Mom. Making lunches and meals, being a better example, enjoying conversations and spending time with them. I have 4 kids.

It is not easy as many of you know. I have wanted to pick it up again. It is very hard for me to find ways to decompress and that is a work in progress but I keep trying and going.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Omg, congratulations to you! You are a strong, amazing woman to be able to accomplish this without help. Can you tell us what prompted you to stop, or what tricks and tips you used to be successful? Everyone here wants to be where you are.
    • Posted

Such kind words. Thank you. 😁To answer the question why did I chose to stop...fed up of blackouts and not remembering all the details from the night before, kept picking fights while drunk with my husband, did not want alcohol to be the death of me, I had put on a lot of weight which was due to the large amount of alcohol and I could not look my kids in the eyes because I felt like a hypocrite drinking day and night but agreeing with them that it is bad.

What trick or things I do...admit that I have a love and hate relationship with alcohol and that I know that I CANNOT have just one glass. I made up my mind to stop. I find what is best for me is not to over think it. I do not reminisce on how good it tasted or the buzz I got from it because I am not that strong. Also, I have told my husband and sister about my choice so if I tell them that I'm struggling they just push me through. Honestly, I don't think aboutit much any more but there are days that are crazy tough

• Posted

That is so great. I love my husband, but have many tiny resentments over 30 years. I tend to get rebellious if he asks me not to have another glass. I am working the Sinclair Method now for a month and I think it's making a difference. I am encouraged by you and understand the struggle, so happy you have supporters who can push you through the hardest times. May God bless you abundantly. 🙏

• Posted

Totally amazing and outstanding! And 4 children and your husband. Truly inspiring for certain.
  • Posted

So pleased for you!  Well done.  You have achieved something amazing!  How have you done it?  Keep it going - you are reaping such rewards!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.