Milestone

Posted , 6 users are following.

I weighed this morning and I have lost 6 stones since starting the blueys. I am thrilled to bits. It's been a struggle at times but sooooo worth it. Hope you are all well and keeping warm. :D

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's great news, congratulations. How long has that taken?
  • Posted

Trying Hard here Don't seem to be automatically logged on again. WOW! That is REALLY impressive I thought I was doing well at losing 3 1/2 stone since 13th April.

You should be soooo proud of yourself.

You must have had to buy new clothes you must look fab.

I was between size 20-22 when I started and weighed 107 Kilos (16st 11.9) Now I am between a 16-18 and weigh 84.5 kilos (13 st 4 lbs). BMI was 39.3 and is now 31 )Not sure what weight to aim for - my nurse said it's up to me and what i'm happy at, my daughter said to aim for a BMI between 25-30 so nearly in that bracket :D :D happy to carry on while i'm still losing but I recall my nurse saying that i'm only allowed on them for up to a year so am feeling the pressure.

I must admit I wish they had give me these tablets years ago when I first started putting on weight as I've noticed that some people that have just started weigh what I weigh now.

BUT I am proud of my self and am determined not to pile the weight back on so hope I can do it.

If it's not too personal question What was your weight& BMI when you started and what are they now? How much more do you want to lose ?

CONGRATULATIONS again This great news will inspire lots of people including the Newbies smile smile

• Posted

Hi, in answer to your questions I am 5ft 5ins tall and I started the blueys on 21-Apr-2010. My starting weight was 21st 4lbs :shock: with a BMI of 49.6. I am now 15st 4lbs with a BMI of 35.6. Ideally I would like to be 10st but I don't think I am being realistic. I should say that I am a \"older\" dieter and I think this my last chance to do something about my weight.
  • Posted

WOW!! you have both done EXCELLENT!! im still on my first month ive been using the wii to check weight its up and down like a tarts knickers im at the docs today to get weighed i dont think ive lost much but im not going to beat myself up about it this past month has been a learning curve. readng labels and getting to grips with excersize. keep us informed on how your doing. i love success storys G x
  • Posted

Well, both Petal1951 and Trying2hard, I think you are an inspiration to us all. I've read your stories and it's given me the kick up the whotsits I needed right now. I'm on month 2 and after a great first month have been struggling, finding excuses not to take the tablets and exercise, although the sprained wrist and now back playing up are genuine but I could have found stuff to do. My 2nd weigh in is on Monday. I think I will still have lost but it could have been so much more. I'm not at all domesticated so tend to live on ready meals and am getting bored with the same old few things. I have got loads of cook books, most of them low fat, so it's time to dig them out and get back on the wii fit
  • Posted

Thanks Sally

I don't have any low fat cook books I tend to eat ready meals, flavoured rice, jacket potatoes as I'm not very good at working fat content of home cooked foods so tend to avoid taking tablet if not sure.

I'm sure others would like some info on some low fat recipes.

Good luck on your weigh in.

Just like to add losing weight is a great confidence booster, it's well worth it. I've worn a size 16 skirt this week (with leggings to keep warm)-it is elasticated but I was determined to slim into it and I've got lots of clothes that fit much better and others that I've not worn for years that now fit. i've had to buy new leggings to replace my work trousers as they are now far to big for me. I still want to lose more, I still have a spare tyre around my waist that doesn't want to budge but can now look in a full length mirror without getting upset at the way I look.

YOU TOO CAN GET THERE- IF WE CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU[u:e704ee174d] :wink: [/u:e704ee174d]

• Posted

wow thats incredible - just what I needed to read this morning, when I'm struggling and wanting Christmas chocolates and comfort food!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.