milk thistle

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone sorry i havent been able to answer been on holiday and signal was really bad could read everyones discussion but could not answer.  I hope everyone is feeling not too bad today.  I was wondering if anyone had tried milk thistle it seems to be a popular alternative to take for both the menopause and ibs and i was wondering if anyone is using it thank u 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I used to use milk thistle for a good hangover cure or take them the night before,but with feeling like this i hardly drink nowthis would be a godsend if they do work let me know xx

• Posted

Yep, as trudy77450 states: good for a hangover!  Always believed Milk Thistle had detoxifying properties, especially relating to the liver.
  • Posted

funny i have just been reading about milk thistle acne & hormones.

If you have an hormone imbalance and constipated it can cause acne which i have bad. Milk thistle can help eleviate the estrogens and progestrones in your liver espe if your constipated & not getting rid of it through the bowel,  which could be the cause of acne. Im always constipated too,so im off to buy some. I expect it take time to kick in but i let you no 

Thanks sooooo much xxsmile

• Posted

i suffer with ibs and ive been told it will also help with that so yea ive got some too. let me know how you get on with it thank u 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.