Milky urine discharge : CIC + BPH.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Due to urinary retention, I have been self cathing for over a year, starting with 4, 5 times a day, now only once just before bedtime, because my retention has improved. My urine has been cloudy for a while but I never had any other symptoms of a UTI so I just ignored it. However, recently, I noticed some white milky liquid discharge near the end of my cath. I just wonder what is the cause and how to get rid of it. Below are some possibilities :

1. Asymptomatic colonization, like Jim James often mentioned ?

2. Yeast infection ? Then something like Azo may help ?

3. Bladder stone precursor ?

Can you think of anything else ? Whatever it is, I wonder what would happen if I haven't been cathing. Would it worsen BPH symptoms by blocking the bladder neck outlet ? Did this happen to anyone else ? Any opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Hank

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I do CIC and I also have that sometimes.  I think it might be semen.
    • Posted

Good point arlington ! Since I do have RE from taking Doxazosin. However, it happened to me regardless whether or not I ejaculated that day or not. Hank
    • Posted

I have it from Rapaflo.  I sometimes wonder if the semen can leak out of the seminal vesicle in between.  Just speculating.
    • Posted

I wonder if we didn't have RE, would the semen leak out throughout the day ? Actually, it did happen to me few times before.

Hank

• Posted

You might try switching to Alfusozin. Most have no side effects (no RE or dizzyness) and for most, it works just as well. If your PVRs are 100 (considered normal by most) why do you still self cath? Regardless, its good to hear another bladder rehab story via CIC.
    • Posted

Thanks Buzz. New year, I am going to ask for Alfuzosin to try out. I cath before bedtime to gain 1, 2 extra hours of sleeping. And to make sure my bladder gets empty to reduce chances of uti (have not had it yet, and do not want to). I am glad I have been doing it now that I found out about this milky discharge. Do you have any idea what it could be ? Hank
    • Posted

Could be a low grade infection that isn't severe enough to be symptomatic, also could be RE residuals if you're pretty active. I'd get tested for a UTI just to be safe.

• Posted

Hi Buzz, what is your alfuzosin dose ? How many times are you taking a day ?What is the highest dose ? Thanks.
  • Posted

Hi Hank, when you first started cathing were you in full retention or were you able to natural void as well. I have been cathing now for almost 5 months and still can't natural void.

Thanks

Riggs

• Posted

Hi Riggs, I was not in full retention. My PVR was 500cc+ so I was able to pee, just not too much. Now my PVR during the day is about 100cc, so I can pee almost normally. Maybe your bladder is still out of shape. Try to limit liquid intake and try some alpha blockers. Maybe you can recover sooner. Hank
  • Posted

Update ! I has been a month since last noticed excessive white discharge in urine. My urine is now clear and there is just a little bit of white discharge near the end of my cath, which is normal. That excessive discharge, by hindsight, I think was the pus from some injuries I created from cathing since I did have some minor bleeding from cathing during that time.

I did not take anything for it. It went away on its own. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.