Minal movement and excessive sweating on face and back

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first began to have these symptoms when I was put on citalopram antidepressants for post traumatic stress disorder 2 yrs ago. It is common side effect however I've not taken them for over a year yet I still suffer with sweating.

Never had this issue before then and I happens with minimal movement when indoors. It can come on as suddenly as it can stop suddenly

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm very sorry to hear about your sweating problem. I have had six neck surgeries~and for about 8 years I have suffered from EXTREME GENERALIZED HYPERHYDROSIS ! I sweat all the time...on my whole body. Lately I have been taking approx. 7 showers a day! Lately I have been having the cold sweats...I sweat then I freeze. As soon as I exert myself~it is worse! I have been stuck in bed because of this HORRENDOUS DISEASE that nobody knows anything about. It is crippling and debilitating! I see no one but myy immediate family. My friends have all deserted me because of my inability to do anything with them. It is very lonely and depressing. I will Pray for you~my friend.

• Posted

Jessica and HappyB

Sometimes, you might get somewhere if you and the dr don't assume it is because of your previous intake of medication.  Something new may have developed since then that needs to be addressed.

I had sudden severe hyperhidrosis of the face and head for 6 years with drs assuming it was because I was taking tramadol for avascular necrosis of hip (had replacement and had stopped using pain medication for a couple of years), thyroid (bloods normal) or menopause (I was using hrt) and looking no further.  Eventually another dr sent me to an endocrinologist and I was found to have a pituitary gland tumour causing excess prolactin which was making my oestrogen ineffective

The medication Cabergoline removed the sweating immediately.

I have now been sweating again the last couple of years, not so bad, but enough to still be distressing and fatiguing, and I have haemochromatosis which not only upsets the hypothalamus which is supposed to regulate our temperatures but the pituitary gland hormones as well, again, and have found lately that I actually need more oestrogen than I was using to be symptom free.

Yes, I have freeze attacks too (even when it is hot - I live in the tropics).  I have to cover up and then I wake up sweating.

So don't let the drs dwell on your past history of medication.  Insist they look further.

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I started sweating profusely just after i was sterilised in hospital a few months after my son was born, that was 30 years ago and it hasnt stopped since, i take Pro-Bantheline tablets and they help but make your mouth very dry so i have to chew gum to take the dry horrible taste in my mouth away, they work but i have discovered they work better if taken before food, Its called Hyperhydrosis, some people have it in there hands and others like myself take it from the top of my head down to my neck, the water drips off my chin its so bad, and yes i dont have to do a thing for it to start, i can be sitting watching T.V., or doing the ironing, its worse when i am doing something tho', its a very embarassing problem and i spoke to my Doctor often about it but was not given anything to help stop it, it was only when my son was going out with his partner and she had the same problem and told me about the Pro-Bantheline, and that was about 3 years ago, i had to take a face flannel with me everywhere i went to mop up the sweat when i was out before i was told about the Pro-bantheline tablets, so embarassing.You should have a word with your Doctor about the Pro-bantheline tabs, they do work. I hope this has helpped. Regards Anne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.