Mind blank what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was on 15mg from December till April... then got up the dosage to 20mg... Was on 20mg olanzaipine-Zyprexa from April to August.. it made all the thoughts go away... now I’m scared I permently damaged my mind.. I feel flat Numb and irritable.. I just want to go back to being my old self again. How long do zyprexa stay in your system and how long do side effects last.. please help. Any comments will be taken seriously 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Taper olanzapine 10% a month.see the forum surviving antidepressants.you should not stop antipsychotics suddenly.google for olanzapine tapering.
  • Posted

Hi Apu is right you need to come off it very very slowly but your mind will come back and it doesn't permanently damage your brain in that way but you may struggle to sleep properly for a long time! You will feel a lot better than you do at the moment so it is worth while but it will be though at times. Just stick with it!

• Posted

Start using 15mg+2.5 mg one month,15 mg next month,10mg+2.5mg next month,10mg next month,7.5mg next month,5 mg next month,2.5 mg next month.

Use 2.5 mg 2 months to stabilize.Then buy the pill cutter on internet.cut the 2.5 mg pill four equal parts.use 3 pieces one month.Use 2 pieces next month.Use 1 piece next month.Then use 1 piece alternate days i.e you take one day you won't take next day .after one month you stop completely.This is the tapering method of olanzapine or zyprexa.

• Posted

Hello

Every time I read a post re the criminal side affects of Olanzepine it makes me so angry as I went through a year of unnecessary hell being put on that drug Everything I was experiencing/suffering was the terrible side affects of that drug The Doctors just would not listen to me so in the end I chose to stop it but I did so abruptly which sent my mind and body into chaos for 2-months I rode the withdrawal side affects out and now I finally feel my real self again. It so altered the true me. Thankgoodness I had strong awareness. I know that this drug is dangerous but if u want to come off it u will have to do so extremely slowly

Hope my reply helps :-)

• Posted

Dear karogers

Did you experience dreams as a withdrawal symptom of olanzapine.?

How long have you been off olanzapine?are you still experiencing dreams?is your dreams disturbing your sleep? please reply in detail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.