Mind fog, dizziness, going crazy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So here I am again with more anxiety or so I hope.

I have been feeling like I am absolutely going crazy tonight.

It started off just being dizzy and anxious maybe because I was around a bunch of people at a bar.

Then it turned into being sleepy, and as I started dozing off I fell into this weird slump to where I feel like

I have this fog over my mind that’s not letting me think straight and making me slow or go crazy.

Now that I’m writing it out it doesn’t seem so scary and real.

It’s almost as if it’s a dream state and you can’t remember much or physically do much if that makes it easier to understand.

When I feel like I was able to get a little sleep here and there it’s like I can’t remember much before it.

It’s almost like my memory is being extremely affected by this. Also really dizzy so to speak.

Dizziness/head pressure/light headed

Does anyone relate to this at all? I feel like I’m going insane.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you are not going insane. I have had this many times over the years and all my tests were normal. Stress and anxiety can do crazy things to our brain. dizziness fogginess, head pressure, lightheadedness, and more can all be attributed to stress and anxiety. Mine started in my 20s. It took me many many years to figure out what was going on. So to save you from going through all of that, just realize that is what can happen with anxiety.

Of course it’s always important to get a physical check up with your doctor. But if that’s OK then it’s time to work on anxiety management. Anxiety can be chronic or lifelong but you can help to control it to some extent. Think of what is causing you anxiety in your life. School, work, relationships etc. it helps to get some counseling to discuss all of this and also also methods to reduce anxiety in your life. you will be OK just do things that relax your mind like meditation on YouTube, getting some exercise, not stressing over little things etc. take care of yourself

depersonalization can happen with anxiety and the realization where things don’t look real. That’s just your brain‘s way of protecting you from stress in the world. It tries to block things out for you. It won’t hurt you but I know it feels weird.

• Posted

Yeah, it's crazy. I feel better today but of course I have the thought in the back of my head that its going to come back and bite me. I just felt so off last night, it was really hard to pin point exactly what was going on. My head just felt really off and like it wad shutting. I've been dealing with this kind of stuff on and off for a few years now. it's crazy. I appreciate your response. It's really helpful knowing you're not alone in this but sad other people have to deal with it.

• Posted

Hi Lockerby

I get those exact same feelings and I too have been dealing with it on and off for a few years. Sometimes when I'm face to face with someone talking, I feel like I need to sit down before I fall down, it's a weird feeling. It makes me lose my confidence to go out socially. Are you taking any meds? I take citalopram but I think I need a review.

• Posted

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I talk to someone face to face it's hard for me to even focus on them. I feel okay today but my heads a little dizzy and derealization feeling if that's what I should call it. (dizzy/dream like state) it's super hard to actually pin point how it feels exactly. A little head pressure too.

No I'm not taking anything right now. I honestly hate pills but I'm willing to give it a try. As soon as I get my insurance going from work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.