Mineral oil after shave

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 days ago I decided to try apply a little bit of mineral oil on my body after shaving. I didn't wash it off with soap, just with some water (intention wasn't to wash it off completely). The thin layer of mineral oil stayed on me for 16 hours, since I didn't have a chance to wash it off. Didn't take long for me to start feeling that my skin was suffocating. I constantly feel hot even though it's winter and generally it feels like my skin can't properly sense the temperature. Also I feel like I'm constantly sweating even though there isn't a drop of sweat on my body. I'm certain at this point that the oil has blocked my skin pores.

I've took two long showers at this point, and two days later I don't feel much of a change. Is there a way to remove that oil residue so that my skin can start breathing again?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mineral oil won't stop your skin from 'breathing'. Not that skin breathes in any way. Your sweat glands will still function normally. Yes you may block some pores but soap and water will remove most of it.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I still feel like I'm constantly sweating even though I'm not, like my body is covered by something. What could be causing this sensation if not mineral oil?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.