mini thightrope surgery for bunions

Posted , 4 users are following.

please if anyone getting or done the mini thightrope surgery for bunion w/local anest.im so scared but i need this surgery , my bunions hurt very much every day, with any shoes.

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

There was a article about this in The Daily Mail on this in the last week. If you google it you'll find it, I'm not a Mail reader normally but it was interesting. I had the old fashioned op.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Judith

What is the "mini thightrope Surgery",never heard of that.Im having one of my bunions done on the 13th January.I am rather nervous of the operation.Also im not used to "taking things easy".doc said i will be off work 6 to 8 weeks.That will drive me crackers.Need a hobby! take care. Denise

• Posted

Hello,

well this procedure is The Mini TightRope is a low profile system designed to correct a number of forefoot deformities including hallux valgus, Lisfranc disruptions, Tailor’s bunion and hallux varus. Comprised of #2 FiberWire and two stainless steel buttons, this device improves foot and ankle patient care with its strength and versatility.

i dont know , the dr told me that i will be walking in a boot after surgery and recovery is about 2 weeks only

sounds good but he will do the surgery in the office -clinic. well i think im the only one doing this procedure jajaja more scared jajaj wink

take care!

• Posted

Hi!

When are you having it done? Sounds interesting! Is it American?

Lots of luck :-)

• Posted

I had a double osteotomy which is cutting the bone and realigning it. The ligament between the hallux and index was severed to relax the tension. The bone is held together with the titanium ludloff plate. I was walking with a heel boot the first day and given a driving boot five days later.I still had to elevate my leg and apply ice for the swelling but I was so relieved to be up and about.

My Doctor developed this procedure so the patient is mobile quickly with no chance for muscle atrophy. He also used dissolving sutures and I was allowed to shower after 7 days without covering the surgery site. During the day I use a gel toe spacer between the hallux and index toes, and during sleep I wear a bunion bracket.

My Haflingers should arrive in time for my third post op appointment. The PA will determine is I need PT and if I'm ready for street shoes.

Judith's procedure may be similar.

• Posted

Would be interested to know more about the tight rope 1st l have heard of it. 3 weeks out bunion & middle toe surgery. I stayed in bed pretty much for 2 weeks, worked part time 1 week, trying full time this week. Still in some pain it is getting better. I sit at work with my foot hip level & everyone helps me. I am totally off my foot for 6 week. I have heard takes 6 weeks hopefully I will be pain free. The surgery was no problem sleep thru most of it. Did not feel anything like a twilight. The recovery is the painful part however it will be all worth it in the long run.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.