Mini TightRope Procedure...

Posted , 2 users are following.

My hand guy wants to do the typical LRTI surgery on my L. thumb. I am not thrilled with the 1-year recovery he said was normal! A friend had a procedure done where they use a wire in place of the tendon. I've seen it refered to as the Mini tightrope procedure. Recovery is much faster and the outcomes seem excellent.

I'm wondering if anyone in this forum considered this, has had it done, or has any expereince with someone who had it done. Does is seem like a viable alternitive to LRTI?

Any insight would be welcomed!

Dan

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've been looking at that option also. It seems the outcomes are about equal, but not as much long term info on the tightrope. Looks like when they do the wire they don't do the tendon. It seems like doing both would be stronger?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.