Minimally Invasive Rectocele Repair & Mid Urethral Bladder Sling 2 weeks Post Op

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 35 year woman that has 4 children. I had my operation on 3/19/18. I checked on how everything was looking on Day 4 & I was really impressed. On Day 14 I cried. I was told to go about my normal routine minus lifting over 10lbs and bending excessively. I have stood on my feet all day from Day 9. I wouldn’t have if I didn’t feel like I could. I am now feeling a full sensation at the Vaginal openings the. Last night I leaked tiny amounts of urine as I walked and had a  sensation like I washreth trying ll

to get a UTI but today it’s  is all subsided. I looked & the Vaginal opening seems way larger than before my surgery. It’s as if my insides have fallen to the opening and the hole is unnaturally large going all the way up to the urethral opening. Please help me.

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Oh I'm so sorry, im on two months, and have that full feeling too, see my doctor Tommorrow!! Am scared to death it failed!!! But good luck to you..

• Posted

Please let me know what they say.  Most everyone says they feel this full sensation after this procedure. I know I am taking it easier than I have been and I am praying the damage isn’t already done. I hope you’re okay. What makes you think your repair has failed??
    • Posted

I dont know, just have this feeling!! But hope not!!! And yes i went back to work at 2 weeks but i could sit all day!! And i worked short days
    • Posted

Up date!! Went to the doctor everything is fine!! Nothing has dropped!! Said it normal!! Also have to train myself to use the restroom more often!! Not to wait!!
    • Posted

Yay! What a relief!

Now just listen to doctors advice and try to take it easy! X

• Posted

Try not to panic, it might not be as serious as you think.

The conflicting advice is very confusing tho isn’t it, I would think that it’s too early to be doing so much tho, and being on your feet all day, wow that sounds too much.

I don’t know all the jargon and names of procedures but our bodies take time to heal, be kind to yourself and take it easier x

• Posted

Honestly reading all of the different post operative instructions these women have been given is frustrating. It makes you question if your doctor knows what he/she is doing! I was told some women go back to work at 2 weeks and then I read not to do anything much for 12 weeks! I am going back to work on the 5th post op week. Is this too soon? I wonder if my surgery is different since it’s the minimally invasive rectocele repair? 
    • Posted

Absolutely agree!

I was told you can’t drive for at least 6 weeks, then that some people are driving within a couple of weeks!

Then don’t lift anything heavier than a filled kettle, hoover, do any housework for 6 weeks, but btw you’re fit to return to work the day after that 6 weeks-and no question about what your job entails!

I support people either autism in the community, so I’m responsible for their safety and well being, outrageous to assume I’m ready for work after just 6 weeks!

Employers vary a lot too, whilst I could be put on what they call “light duties” they mean I support a less physically challenging person indoors but that could mean someone very verbally and emotionally challenging, which is hard going post op when you’re still absolutely exhausted and drained.

I’ve booked to see my GP just before the 6 weeks expires, and my manager has texted to see if I’d be be back after the 6 weeks so I’m having the slightly awkward conversation about my recovery from a very personal female medical procedure (on top of the op I have back pain from mild scoliosis, im tired as I have under-active thyroid, im going thru menopause and I’m sole carer of 2 kids including one with severe autism!!)

• Posted

No hun your surgery is major surgery no matter how it's done 8 wks off is usually the norm.x

• Posted

Also my employer don’t pay sick pay for first 3 days of every sick period, so if I come back too earlier and need more time off, I’m out of pocket!

My thoughts are that I’m off til virtually fully recovered then on admin, not the vague “light duties”.!

• Posted

Hi again ( i just replied to your other question x) 

I am 37 with 3 children (17,14,18months). I think I have been doing too much but like you felt ok.

I haven’t lifted anything but just things like bending down to pick toys up, cooking a few snacks and nappy changes etc. 

It’s so hard to just do absolutely nothing. I have felt quite tired the past few days so have clearly over done it! 

I was given 8 weeks off but asked for 9 so I could have this whole school term off work. 

Lots of website info says some people can go back after3-4 weeks! 

It’s is bad that no one really tells us any information. They sent me home with a print out and that was it. No info on how I would heal or anything ! 

I’m in the UK and have entitlement to 6 months full pay for sickness.

• Posted

If you’re entitled to 6 months sick pay no rush to go back yet then!

I only get half that, then SSP for about 26/28 weeks but I will take whatever I need, my health comes first!

• Posted

Yes health comes first ! But feel guilty being off work so long as everyone has had to split my role between them. Oh well need to not think like that.

I think because I was on maternity leave not long ago as well and people were stressed doing the extra work😬

• Posted

Sanny,

It's way to early to be looking down there. You will be swollen for many weeks yet and it will not look pretty

I am 10 wks tvh and anterior repair and I won't look yet lol. It's no surprise we have lumps and bump s the amount of pushing and stitching they do.

If I was you please don't worry go back to see your surgeon and get never of mind,that's what they are there for lots of hugs to you,I know how you feel xx

• Posted

You have overdone it a little. Ice that vay jay & take Ibuprofen. It’s okay to go about the house and run errands but sit or lie down periodically to take some pressure off the vagina. Mental health is important too and nobody is asking anyone to lie around for 3 months lol. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.