minivelle

Posted , 8 users are following.

dr put me on this hormone patch. when i research it, it says for hot flashes but i dont get those much. i want help for anxiety, fatigue, brain function,feeling unwell

anyone take this and did it help other symptoms?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim, you should tell your doctor about this malaise feeling you're having and hopefully he/she can offer you something for it. There are antidepressants you can take but your doctor would have to write it up. They help quell some of the other symptoms you're experiencing. Take care.

• Posted

they gave me lexapro but i have tried others and they gave me hard to deal with side effects. insomnia, racing thoughts as if on 3 pots of coffee so scared to take. i am so sensitive to meds. idk what to do. i need relief. this is just pure hell
    • Posted

We're all sensitive to meds that don't work for our bodies, but it's just finding the right meds that won't give you side effects. And apparently, they haven't found the right meds ror you.  I was having the same issue until my doctor went into a different direction about what meds to give me and finally I wasn't sensitive or reacting to the meds she put me on.

• Posted

Hi Kim, I also have more of the symtoms you have. I called and asked my doc about my estrogen levels. They are still normal, and its my progesterone levels which are low and prob why I don't experience hot flushes. I'm always warm, but I can tolerate that. I read that low estrogen causes the hot flushes. I was prescribed Prometrium, a bio Identical progesterone pill, but have yet to take it. I don't know what I'm afraid of but once I hit PMS, its too late, and really suffer! I can start it this Sunday, and really have to do it this time. I'm tired of the depression, anxiety and esp the loss of ambition! Is the patch you were prescribed Estrogen?

• Posted

yes. i had a partial hysterectomy so she said no progesterone needed. its just so bad i was crying to my husband how can this be hormonal
    • Posted

This peri, and menopause is horrible! I can't believe there are no warnings. I had no idea this maybe coming. My mom didn't suffer with all these symtoms, and my sister, who is older than me, age 50 has nothing and still has her normal cycle. I'm happy for her, but why do some of us suffer so bad???

• Posted

my mom sailed thru it too. it blindsided me. i am very sensitive to meds and to my body feels so maybe thats why i am having a hard time. are you sensitive to things like that?
    • Posted

No, I'm starting HRT Oct 9th which I was supposed to start 2 months ago. Been on antidepressants, but don't work like they used to before I entered this nightmare. I need my life back, and must give them a try

• Posted

So your your estrogen is low? I judt read that hot flushes are caused from low estrogen. It made sense because it's my progesterone that is low, and my estrogen levels are normal. Having had a partial hysterectomy, I'm guessing your not producing much estrogen

• Posted

Hi, im guessing the ladies of recent posts are in the US.  If so here in the UK there is no facility to tell us what we are most deficient in.  Im guessing unless you are loaded and have a private doctor, here in the UK we are screwed!  I asked my ~GP here in the UK and her eyes glazed over.  Saw two different GPs one said that i could not onto HRT of any form as i was still getting periods, another GP i saw said i could....what!!!??? rubbish!!! Not a hopeful outcome.  I have no idea what im deficient in but im now thinking progesterone, from reading recent posts on here, as i have no hot flushes.  I have axiousness, and wild mood changes.  Have been drinking soya milk, which i have read here on previous posts that can disrupt the whole peri thing....help!

• Posted

Kim, these are my same symptoms . I wake up warm sometimes but not full on hot flashes. I hate taking medication . One doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants  and I said nope.  Hoping for the cream when I go to doctor in November. 
    • Posted

i hope it helps you! the heat part doesnt bother me so much. its the mental part thats killing me
    • Posted

and me kim my anxiety had never been so bad as it was this time or the depression and the brain fog is so embarressing most of the time luckily those that know me understand.I take a/ds and also propanolol because too my palpatations got worse. I am now on an even keel with the anxiety and depression at the moment to its the aches and pains in my body its hitting god bless you its not a nice thing to go through each to their own regarding meds or not, they help me all i can say is that i have been on and off them for years not because they are addictive because i can go a year or two with out them but my dr says its part of my make up its just intensified going through the peri. you can take natural remedies my love if yo uare interested i can suggest some for you keep strong its hard but apparently we do get through it
  • Posted

Its a minefield trying to get the right meds,long haul trial and error unless you are very lucky and find something right away. Yes the fatigue is awful and I'm not sure if lots of rest is good for it as it seems to make it worse.Keep trying all and a good multi vitamin xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.