minor burn, worries about infection-should I check it out?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, about a week and a half ago I caught my hand on a hot tray that had just come out of the oven

I was just wondering whether I should get it checked out or not, it's honestly tiny! but a dark red mark has appeared on it today that wasn't there yesterday (see photo attached)

Im a university student and my local GP is awful when it comes to appointments, so chances are i would have two wait two weeks unless i went urgent care (which i dont think is worth it as it doesnt seem like an urgency)

would appreciate if people looked at the photo (its not too gross) and gave me some advice on whether i should get it checked out or not?

imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Since it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment you could make the appointment. You can cancel during your wait if everything continues to improve or keep the appointment if it doesn't. Just a thought.

• Posted

thanks for your advice! i appreciate it 😃

• Posted

Keep an eye on it , and keep it clean. If it starts to get puffy and painful or the redness spreads to your hand or fingers then go to urgent care.

Most burns of this nature are tender at first but heal quite easily without medical care.

• Posted

thank you! this is very helpful, i appreciate it 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.