minor foot surgery after effects a month after

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just had bunion repair with allograft for hallux limitus about a month ago. Is it normal to still not be able to put a shoe on my foot? I have tried, but it hurts while I try and bend my toes into shoe. Also my foot that I had surgery on is ice cold, is this normal? I also can not bend my toes completely. Has anyone else had same problems a month after surgery? By the way, I was fortunate enough not to need plates or screw just a minor surgery.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

I had a fusion as well so a bit different however I was operated on on the 31st October and I'm still in the surgical boot, I couldn't imagine trying to put a shoe on yet.  I've been told that feet take a long time to heal and need to listen to your body.  Maybe someone who hasn't had the plates might know more, sorry I can't be a lot of help.

Hope you are on the mend soon.

Take care

Clara

• Posted

Everyone heals differently.

I am 6 weeks post op and just started wearing my shoes.

Is your foot cold all the time?

Do you still elevate it and take anti-inflammatory medicine?

I think a call to the doctor is okay regarding questions like this.

My foot is slightly discolored...so guess I too will be calling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.