Minty feeling in throat, chest, stomach??

Posted , 3 users are following.

It seems like when I think my anxiety is gone something pops up! So today I started getting the bad butterflies in my stomach and when I ate a granola bar this morning a strange minty/cold feeling started down my throat to my stomach, like a cool numbness you get from peppermints. It has been with me all day but gets a little stronger when I eat. I've always suffered from mild acid reflux but this is weird!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also since this morning my mind has started to constantly race again and I can't shake the anxious/nervous butterflies feeling away sad !
  • Posted

I have a acid reflux disorder and that sounds like what it is. You do get this feeling of minty/acidity in your throat. Drink milk smile you'll be okay. Plus anxiety does cause acid reflux so you being anxious will definitely make that last long. Remember we all know these feelings so don't feel alone, and just relax.
    • Posted

Hi! I've been distracting myself a lot today and my symptoms have really improved! I still have that mint feeling but it is more mild now. Thank you for replying!
    • Posted

That's great! Distraction always helps and then soon you realize yours just find and it goes away :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.