Miracle Herb

Posted , 5 users are following.

Me again, I do not usually buy all these natural products, I did try DGL licorice and not convinced it works, but at the weekend brought milk thislte out of desperation and I can honestly say it works, My chest pains, back pain, acid, cough has all gone, I still take esomeprazole and rantidine as before but with the milk thistle the difference is absolutely amazing I am pain free. It may not work for you as DGL did not for me, but anything is worth trying. I take 2 in morning and 2 in evening. I am a little constipated (sorry) and not sure if this is a side effect, but if so is one I can live with.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI That's interesting, might give that a go, i just have the back pain really (Barratts sufferrer) i see you say that you take esomeprazol and rantidine, i had a follow up appt with my GI doc yesterday, i as telling him that the esomprazol wasnt working, ive been on it for 4 weeks now, i asked him if i should take a zantac as well, he said wont do any good because the esomeprazol is stronger so cancels out the zantac!? anyway he told me to have a barium xray saying my swallowing action might be at fault...i dont know, ive tried licorice and ive ordered some apple cider vinegar to see if thats any good....hey ho
    • Posted

Hi Kevin, not sure why GP said that as mine told me they are different drugs and do different things.Esomeprazole does take time to work I have been on it for 9 years now, I take 20mg esomprazole in morning, then mid morning 150mg ranitidine then if need it, which I do not always, same dosage again in evening taking esomeprazole before bed. The pain in my back was horrendous, have not got barretts, but have had gerd for years now. I thought I was having a heart attack and on Saturday spent 5.5 hours in A&E convinced of it, but got home and starting taking Milk Thistle and next day pain gone, honestly truthfully gone, I did not get on with DGL made no real difference and do not like the thought of drinking vinegar so not taking that. You can take 4 x 75mg ranitidine tablets if brought from chemist, plus esomeprazole. Give it a go they work for me.
  • Posted

this is very interesting.way can u get milk thistle?
    • Posted

Most health food shops ,or ebay ..A Vogel  milk thistle complex drops.

nine English pounds 

• Posted

Hi Kevin and Melia, I got mine from health shop, I am in UK and all the supermarkets and Boots, Superdrug sell them, I was just near health shop on Saturday as the smaller boots did not have them. Do not get drops, lady in health shop said they are not so good. Hope you have as much luck with them as I have had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.