Mirena coil advice needed please!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I really hope someone can shed some light on what is going on in my body right now. I'll be as brief as poss.

Had the mirena fitted on May 1st as all other contraception gives me migraines so was told that this is the one for me. I've had 2 kids and wanted something that I didn't have to worry about. Sounded ideal......

Periods still there, migraines improved but it seemed ok!

I was then diagnosed with ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) in August. 

I suddenly bloated out, I haven't weighed but Im guessing I've gained around 1.5st lkg at me. My family say that they've never seen me this big and I'm not eating half of the amount because of my illness. Libido has gone, moody, tearful, hair loss, migraines back but worse than before, awful bloating & cramping, bleed all the time, sinus problems, lumps under armpits, spots, backache, painful breasts constantly, the list goes on....

I've been to the docs about the above and we've put it down to the uc & been on a plethora of drugs for it but nothing's working.  I reserched the coil last night (light bulb moment!) & there it all was! Doc never told me any of the side effects infact quite the opposite.

I've booked an app for tomorrow with my gp to ask for it to be removed as I now believe that it's this causing the problems and not my uc. I've had enough of hormones so now over to my husband I think - snip snip!!

Just wondered if my symptoms above could be that of the mirena coil? Do u think the gp will remove it tomorrow or do I have to make a special app? I've also read about the 'crash' is this true? 

Hate this bloody thing and can't wait to have my life back!

Thanks for reading!

Jo

xxxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi jo,i think you have suffered enough,i had most of your symptoms dont let the doctor talk you out of it,as they will try they did me its been 5 years only now i have lost the weight i gained feel normal again.  good luck julie
    • Posted

Thanks Julie! Crikey, 5 years??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can shed it before then but I'd be happy if I got rid of my migraines & my big bloated belly goes down so that I can see my feet again! 

Do u think she'll take it out there and then or would I have to make a special appointment for it? I'm desperate to get it out now. I've been awake most of the night with awful cramping pains again & 2 sick little boys 😩😞😤 Exhausted & want my body back now! 

Thanks for your help, means a lot xxx

• Posted

Thanks Julie! Crikey, 5 years??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can shed it before then but I'd be happy if I got rid of my migraines & my big bloated belly goes down so that I can see my feet again! 

Do u think she'll take it out there and then or would I have to make a special appointment for it? I'm desperate to get it out now. I've been awake most of the night with awful cramping pains again & 2 sick little boys 😩😞😤 Exhausted & want my body back now! 

Thanks for your help, means a lot xxx

• Posted

Hi Jo Hope all went well at the docs ? sorry only just read your message i think you would need a longer appointment  to have it taken out.I still have mine in but its got no hormones left so feel normal again thank god .julie
    • Posted

Hi ladies

Thanks for your mail. I'm doing great now ta. Had the coil removed on Thursday & the doc said it had come dislodged hence the reason I was in awful pain! I feel like a different person, weight dropping off, pains disappearing... So glad I asked for it out now, much to the disapproval of my gp but she soon swallowed her words when she found it coming out!! U all ok? Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.