Mirena coil and evorel patches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else on this combination? I still have terrible anxiety and doom and gloom feelings. Going through a lot of stress at the moment though, going through divorce.......

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, how long have you been taking this combination? I dont know about evorel, but i only lasted about 5 months with mirena before i had to have it removed because it made me bonkers with doom and gloom and anxiety.
    • Posted

Yeah I'm wondering if mirena is the problem here. I'll make appt with gp

• Posted

People seem to have completely different experiences with Mirena. A girlfriend of mine and my sister-in-law swear by it and had no problems at all with it. But it made me a shaking, scatty, bloated mess, and when i finally got it removed the gp told me some women just dont take well to synthetic progesterone. Is the evorel a combination of progesterone and oestrogen?
    • Posted

The evorel is just oestrogen. I'm waiting to see gp at the moment lol

• Posted

Hi Lydia. Did you feel better when it was removed?
  • Posted

Hope you're gp appointment happens soon. I was going through a divorce at the same time and also figured maybe i was just extra stressed. I did feel better psychologically once i had it removed - within about a week i could feel myself balancing out emotionally. And then all the fluid/bloating reduced over a period of about a month. I wasnt taking oestrogen at the same time though - i had mirena fitted on recommendation of gyno to reduce heavy periods, and that was when i was about 44, so a few years back now. (Am now 50). I now take a progesterone pill orally and an oestrogen patch, and feel much more stable,. I was really disappointed about mirena, i always thought progesterone was supposed to be the 'happy, chill out' hormone, but that was not my experience of the coil - became afraid of my own shadow! Good luck, and keep us posted.

• Posted

Thanks Lydia. Gp gave me Duloxetine. I already take Fluoxetine so have to take the 2. Took 1 last night and didn't sleep all night. Lay there worrying about taking 2 antidepressants. Going around in circles! Thanks for your interest x

• Posted

Good luck with duloxetine. I tried that this time last year and it worked great for pain, but I couldn't sleep either - so had to come off it. Again, I have friends who take it for pain management and anxiety and it works a treat for them, but sleep is something I can't deal with on top of all the other menopause symptoms. I really hope it works for you. Like everything, we all respond to meds differently so hoping this works for you. Did gp suggest you taper off other ssri?

• Posted

Not yet but I'm reluctant to take the new one again so will leave it for a week and review x

• Posted

Hi Alison, yes i've also just started this combination. What strength evorel are you on? Alot of my symptoms have reduced or stopped but i appear to have gained some new ones, itchy skin been one of them as well as weight gain. I've been on them 6 weeks but i don't know how long it should take to take full effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.