Mirena coil- contraction like cramps

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had the Mirena fitted 13 weeks ago during a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis. They fitted the Mirena and I bled heavily for the first 6-8 weeks. I haven’t had a bleed since Just frequent vagina infections confirmed after having high vaginal swabs taken. The past 24 hours I have been bed bound with stabbing digging pains in my mon pubis area. I had a bleed for about an hour or so and I’ve been passing grey like discharge sometimes it’s pinky colour. I have an extreme amount of pressure when I go for a wee like a sharp pain but I have no UTI. It’s tender to touch in that area and I can’t put my knees up to my stomach to lie in a ball like I normally would because it feels like I’m being stabbed. I don’t feel like a have a fever but I’ve completely lost my appetite from being in so much pain. Is there a possibility of it slipping or moving out of place 13 weeks after having it inserted or is that not possible at this stage? I’ve been discharged from gynae now and I’m not due another op for another year but I’ll be referred back when that’s to happen and my local hospital refused to treat me last week after collapsing with lower right side abdominal pain (possibly ovarian cyst rupture I think) so going my hospital would be pointless they won’t help they see me as a drug fiend or something (GP told me I’m addicted to pain relief even though I’ve had surgery and been in utter agony since hence why I was taking strong pain relief considering I have a disease that causes constant chronic pain) any help and advice would be appreciated as right now I want to cry my eyes out. I have begged and begged to have this removed. I was suppose to yesterday got all the way to my doctors surgery and there was a message from one of my GPs saying I’ve cancelled the appointment with the nurse keep it in for a few more months so we can see it’s effects after the recommended settling in time of 6 months... I cannot deal with this pain. I have tramadol and oramoph paracetamol and mefenamic acid but I’ve taken that and it’s not even touched the sides. I’ve not taken any pain relief in over a week I’ve been okay this has just started suddenly almost 24 hours ago. I cannot move I feel nauseous and my lower back and down my legs hurt. Has anyone experienced this? Could it have moved or could it be just down to another infection I’m really stuck on what to do with no medical support or family support so I’m just lying in bed wanting to break down in utter pain.

***ive tried a hot water bottle before that’s suggested too***

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That's not normal. You shouldn't be in that much pain from having the Mirena put in or from your body settling from it. I think you need to go to the ER or a different doctor.

• Posted

It’s been horrendous I saw a different doctor today and she said I have a severe infection ruin which she believes is causing the pain so she’s put me on antibiotics I’m just not convinced that a urine sample being infected red can cause this amount of pain she done an internal but didn’t look just felt and said the string felt like they were in the correct place but she never fitted it so she doesn’t know how long or short the strings are but from her point of view it’s in the right place and she’s experienced at fitting and removing them. It’s been 3 months since surgery and having it inserted and I keep being told I shouldn’t be in pain but my local emergency department refuse to treat me I was there 2 weeks ago after collapsing and knocking myself out from the pain and they refused to treat me for the pain and just done a head CT and said it’s clear go home stop using the hospital for pain relief we won’t give you anything for chronic endometriosis pain but I know it’s not endometriosis pain it’s not in the right spot like I’ve suffered I just don’t know what to do I’ve taken tramadol oramoph which is liquid morphine sulphate paracetamol mefenamic acid tranexamic acid and my antibiotics and nothing has even touched the pain I’m on my 8th bath of the day and 6th got water bottle in the space of 2 hours. I don’t know what’s going on I just got told to go back in a weeks time for a check up I think if I’m still like this in the morning I’m going back the hospital.. my local hospital of an evening is ran by all junior Doctors no seniors or consultants except on call Doctors so I’m best going when they have a senior who is experienced in. This really sucks. I’ve tried lupron and provera on top of having this in to manage the symptoms and norethesterone but nothing is helping it’s only stopped the bleeding. Again today I’m spotting but it’s like I’m passing cells when I wipe kind of looks like dead skin with brown spotting on the tissue. I just want it to be over with now. Thank you for your reply I will definitely go and get seen tomorrow when more senior doctors are in evening is hard because they always say they don’t have the staff in who scan only in emergency cases so at least tomorrow gynae Doctors will be in to come and see me too when I go up 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.