Mirena Coil for PCOS

Posted , 2 users are following.

On the 19th February 2018 I got the Mirena Coil fitted to help improve my periods. Today is day 9 since the fitting and I'm still bleeding and there seems to be quite a bit of tissue. I'm not due for my period for 3 weeks. Is this normal? I know the doctor said I will experience more bleeding for the next few months, but I thought she meant I'd experience more bleeding on my period.

When does the bleeding stop?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have the i u d Mirena and I had it done February of 2017 first the bleeding did not stop it took months it slowed down and got to spotting after probably like 6 months but now it's like it's a year now and I spot whenever so with that being said it's just depends on your body we have to start changing our lifestyle eating habits exercising drinking more water and I think that might do something for us but other than that we're going to continue to keep having the problems that we are having if we don't try to make it better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.