Mirena Coil or Medical Issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had the Mirena iud fitted around 9 months ago as GP advised it would help with symptoms of PCOS. The first couple of months weren’t great but all symptoms calmed down after around 6 months.  The last few weeks I’ve been experiencing pain, at first I thought it was a UTI but GP confirmed all was clear. Last week however I started getting the most unbearable pains in the pelvic region, so bad that I was at my desk doubled up in pain. Since then I’ve been having back aches, pains in my legs down to the knee and my breast are so tender (something I’ve never had before) my periods have totally stopped but I rarely got them before the IUD anyway.  I’ve been in a committed relationship for over 3 years so not worried about STI’s. Has anyone else had similar experiences and if so what causes it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could the pain be happening around the time you would be having a period?

I get breast pain and stomach pain when I should be having my period and that's all I get. I will admit though it's not doubling over in pain though. Just more of light cramps. Do you know if your strings are in the right place? As to know if the IUD hasn't moved?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I just saw this post now and wanted to ask if you ever found out what it was.

I am having very similar experiences. Since I got my Mirena inserted (to treat endometriosis) I have been experiencing terrible pelvic pain that shoots down to my cervix and legs. I basically have to sleep to cope with it. Ultrasounds show it is in the correct position. I am taking the pill with it to stop the bleeding that started after a year of not having any periods. I think my body doesn't like it and I am getting it taken out.

Would you consider removing it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.