Mirena coil pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had the coil fitted 2 days ago and im still experiencing period like pains.

There was no mention that the pain would last longer than a few hours so I'm a little concerned.

Is this normal and how long does the pain normally last?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi heather,

For months i suffererd pain spotting on and off to the point off  wanting to get it out. My Gp advised me to give it a couple of more weeks i did things got better to the point i had a period once evey 4 months which was great ! its still in 5 years old the hormone is getting weaker i feel great lost a stone and a half no bloatedness ,try stick with it for a couple of months see how you go.julie

• Posted

Thanks for your advice julie.

was worried there was something wrong with the constant pain.

I'll persevere for a few weeks and hopefully it'll ease

Thanks

• Posted

I would advise the same as Julie! When I first got mine I had pain and I was getting to the point where I just wanted it out. I stuck with it for a little longer and now I have absolutely no problems and love having no worries about becoming pregnant. Also they say periods will be heavier and longer but I have found the oppposite...mine are less painful and about the same as before in length. Stick with it and I think it will settle smile
  • Posted

Having the coil fitted brings on period like symptoms, my mirena coil didn't settle for months, and was great there after. Just be sure to check for your threads. And if you can't find them get your doctor to check.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.