Mirena coil side effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, these are my side effects I experienced in the 11 weeks of having the mirena coil fitted,

very bad headaches that are there all day,

eyes aching,

really sore breasts,

tummy and back ache,

groin and legs aching,

restless legs,

feeling down, anxious

mood swings,

emotional,

tired with little energy,

acne flared up quite bad,

had the coil removed today so am hoping these symptoms disappear 

has anyone else had these side effects with this coil? 

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had one fitted a few weeks ago and really struggling.  Have had restless legs, headaches, mood swings, emotional, acne flare up and aces and pains in back, groin etc too but also having terrible night sweats, going through 3 pairs of PJ's a night! when you had your coil removed did they tell you how long til things go back to normal? 
    • Posted

Hi, looks like you have suffered with it like me sad the doc told me that it may take a couple of months for my cycle to get back to normal but my symptoms should get better pretty much straight away, I had it removed on Friday and started my period on Sunday so my body's getting back to normal straight away. I've not felt as bad the past couple of days, the doc said if my symptoms don't improve then to go back and see her. Are you having yours removed?
    • Posted

I think so, can't get an appt at the mo and suspect they'll try to convince me to stick with it when I do see them! but tbh if the symptoms stop straight away I would do anything to have it removed today! not sure how much longer I can go on with no sleep and all the rest of it...  as you'd only had it 11 weeks did they suggest you give it a bit longer? 
    • Posted

Ah right, I was quite shocked that the doctor took it out there and then, I thought I'd have to make another appointment and go back, plus I didn't think they would take it out so soon. I just stuck to wanting it out and that I wasn't happy with it, She seemed like when didn't want to remove it but at the end of the day she's not the one suffering. If you've made up your mind and want it removing stick to it smile good luck let me know how you get on smile it's not nice but am so glad am not the only one going through this smile 
  • Posted

Mirena causes all kinds of side effects, hormonal imbalances, estrogen dominance, silicona and copper toxicity, etc. I recommend everyone who is serious about stopping all their unbearable side effects to watch the video on this page: detoxscientific
    • Posted

Copper toxicity???? The mirena does not contain copper so I am a little confused where the copper toxicity comes from?
  • Posted

I have had my Mirena coil for 3 months now and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I am hyper emotional for 3 weeks of my cycle even to the point of not being able to go to work (and I havent had a sick day in 4.5 years!) I want to cry, get angry or just feel like not talking to anyone. The bloating and breast tenderness is awful.

My breasts are so sore that it wakes me up at night.

I have had slight bleeding every day for the last 3 months which I am told is normal and will die down.

But the emotional side effects are so debilitating and are getting worse not better.

I am going to speak to my doctor today because I cant function like this.

My sister has recommended the Deprovera injection and I was previously on the mini pill but came off that as I completely lost my sex drive (so no point taking it)

Has anyone had the injection?

thanks,

• Posted

I had mirna coil feffed five month ago after that I had restless legs,sourthort,flu,themprether,felling down,no energy,sore breast what should I do.?
  • Posted

I've had it in 4 months, I suffer bad migraines which have brought on vertigo, tender breasts, bad restless legs, very sore heavy stiff legs, emotional, mood swings, no energy, got told after 3 I couldn't get it out in have to keep it in for 2 more months to get the full benefit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.