Mirena IUD and Endometriosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

I have had a Mirena IUD for 2 years now after being diagnosed with endometriosis. After 6 months with the mirena, I no longer had a period, mainly spotting. For the last 9 months, I have had very noticeable ovulation (egg white discharge, sore breasts, pelvic pain and vaginal swelling) and a light period a week later. Is this normal for them to return? Does it mean my endometriosis has grown back? What are your experiences with mirena? 

Thank you,

Rosie 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi endometriosis doesn't go away..it can't be cured. You just try treatments to manage symptoms. I had a total hystorectomy 16years ago ago..and have nothing left no womb ovaries or appendix. And it's come back attached to my sigmoid bowel I also have kidney infection and I'm being tested to see if it's attacked my urinary tract or kidneys also. Due to start zoladex injections for 6mths..it's also a cancer treatment for prostrate cancer in men.this disease doesn't ever go. Have kids if you can as soon as you can...as it affects fertility. I'm now 52 had it since I was19.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.