Mirena Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone had strong cramps with Mirena? I have been battling with acne and sharp pelvic pain that radiates to my cervix and legs since placing it in 2 1/2 years ago. Should these side effects have settled by now? I have booked an appointment with my gyn to have it removed as I can't take it anymore.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi ,I was wondering how you got on with getting your mirena removed. I have been having problems with mine also. I have had it in for 14 months now,I still got a monthly period which i hoped would be gone as the majority of friends never had a period after getting mirena. but my main worry is that i get a period a lot lighter then I used to but,it can last up to 5 days only using maybe 2 sanitary towels a day, then I will continue to get a brown maybe red spotting very small amount every day for another maybe 10 days. I'm so worried it could be womb cancer. . .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.