Mirena side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I had a Mirena coil fitted five months ago for post menopausal bleeding. For the last few months I have been suffering from shortness of breath. It feels like i cannot get enough air in my lungs to take a proper breath. I end up yawning every few minutes to get enough air. This also causes me to be constantly exhausted. Ive also had bronchitis for the last few weeks. Ive had two lots of antibiotics and steroids to clear it which really hasn't helped! My oxygen saturation is 98% so thats not problem. I also have severe groin pain on the left hand side when walking. Ive just done some research and it turns out that it could all be related to the Mirena. This never occurred to me which is why its been happening for so long. Anyone else here who has had similar experience? I am waiting for a call back from my gynaecologist. TIA for any answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.