Mirena with perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm onto my 2nd Mirena (put in earlier this year) and over the past few months I've had constant migraine-like persistent headaches, dizziness and flu like symptoms (burning eyeballs, sinus congestion and terrible muscle/joint aches).

In your experiences, does a Mirena help - at all - with the perimenopause symptoms or does it just help reduce the heavy bleeding, clotting etc ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had to have my second merina coil removed due to severe anxiety, depression, dizzyness, panic attacks etc. Doctor said I am in menopause & was when I had it replaced. I had no problems at all with my first merina which I am guessing I was in peri at that time. Now on elleste duet 1mg.

• Posted

Thanks Victoria. I’m assuming bloods confirmed your menopause ? Does the Elkesye help ? Have there been side effects ? Cat
  • Posted

Yes catniss, bloods confirmed menopause. Only been on elleste 10 days, saw an improvement but unfortunately I have suffered from a bereavement this weekend which has totally knocked the stuffing out of me.
  • Posted

Hi. At iss

I had those symptoms last year. 

Omg the migraines something  terrible. Dizzy spells.  It went I. For months. Even had an mri done and bloods but all came back clear.   It started again this year but only around my cycle but passed again.   But I don’t have. A coil fitted. So I am assuming it’s just the normal hormones and peri stuff.  😞😞😞and if u already had a coil and no problems . I would think before I would get it removed if I was you.   Maybe it was just coincidence 

• Posted

I had  the 2nd Mirena put in over 6 months ago, found out I'm going through the peri menopause through blood tests, I have memory fog, and just recently some dizziness but that's all so far.

• Posted

You may be getting too much estrogen ? Check with dr you shouldn’t be getting headaches every day like that .. maybe around your period yes but not all the time 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.