Mirt

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did a slow taper off 30mg Mirt. Had nothing for 5 weeks and feeling ok ish. Last couple of days my skin is crawling. Does anyone know if taking a anti hystermine will help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Worth a try. It is similar to itching so it might work. I had itching (still do but I did before mirt) so I took cetirizine. I also got the crawling - just on my scalp. I really did think I had a huge insect in my hair, but it only lasted around 20 minutes each time I had it. I was on cetirizine at the time.
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes my head is the worse. I feel dangerously close to reinstating 3.75 but scared I will get food cravings back 
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine,

antihistamine won't harm you and may provide relief as Evergreen says. Have a cool shower too. And perhaps ice packs may help. If it persists, please see your doctor x

• Posted

Yes definately, that crawling sensation is similar to RLS but elsewhere right? (restless leg syndrome).  As Mirt' contains a huge histamine block, once your body has washed away this once off Mirt, the histamine then comes flooding in causing what you describe, for some folk this can be a real problem.  

So yes, non drowsy anti histamine, over the counter.  

Apart from that how are you feeling now off the Mirt Lorraine ?

• Posted

Feeling ok thanks. Lost 10lb weight in 5 weeks already so that's helps. Dr did start me on Trazadone which were not good al all. So just levelling out again. I do manage to sleep for 6 hrs, something tells me that 3.75 of Mirt would be good but I'm worried about the weight but if I have to I have to.I suppose only time will tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.